cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else have an increase in sales the past couple days?

After the changes made yesterday, I started going through my listings and updating dimensions on them, as most didn't have them listed. I still have quite a few to go, but strangely after I've been updating them I'm getting sales very close together, and multiple in a day. That doesn't ever happen and now it's happened two days in a row. I haven't put up any new listings either as I've been focusing on updating my current ones first. Has anyone else been going through updating dimensions on their listings and noticing the same? I'm really curious to know what the possible reason may be in case I can help my sales from here on out, or if this is just pure luck.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The updates may be causing your existing listings to be re-indexed as "new" getting a better placement in Search.

Or the updates on dimensions are making your eIS option more useful, since the dimensions and weight of the shipment affect the cost of shipping.

Generally I get more sales on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday, than any of the other days of the week, and the only difference I see is that if I am listing I get even more sales on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday.

Oddly this includes items crosslisted on another site. So it's not just eBay.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

The updates may be causing your existing listings to be re-indexed as "new" getting a better placement in Search.

Or the updates on dimensions are making your eIS option more useful, since the dimensions and weight of the shipment affect the cost of shipping.

Generally I get more sales on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday, than any of the other days of the week, and the only difference I see is that if I am listing I get even more sales on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday.

Oddly this includes items crosslisted on another site. So it's not just eBay.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I've often found updating listings to cause them to sell, I just don't have time to do it regularly since we have so many listings.  If something valuable isn't getting traction, though, I'll often go make a small change to the item specifics or something like that, and it'll often sell soon after.  Hard to prove, but I've long suspect it simply bumps it up in the search results and/or sends an update message to watchers.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thank you! I'm glad to see that editing listings can have an affect on more people seeing them, as I usually wouldn't edit more than a couple listings so I never noticed a difference. But it definitely makes sense after mass editing everything I have that it'd be something like that.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

May I ask what you meant by "the changes made yesterday"? 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply