cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else experiencing this ...

Accepted a counter offer this morning. That item should go to "awaiting payment". Nope. It still shows for sale and there is no pending payment nor does it show up as any offers on it or that I sold this item.

Was under the impression that when you accepted a counter offer, it had been purchased. This is how it always has worked in the past. Anyone know what this is or what may be going on?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Kiks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@kickin.assets 

It appears that eBay is "tinkering" with this offer business once again.  There is a good chance your buyer needs to look at their "offers received" as they very likely won't get a notice that their counter offer was accepted.  

Previously, some proceeded as "they normally would in the past", some would not.  Some buyer's receive a screen that requires them to pay right then with there being no "accept" button on the buyer facing side of the transaction. Others will get a screen with an accept button that allows the to proceed as "they normally would in the past".  eBay decides with one they get.     eBay started this activity a few months ago with regular buyer generated offers which caused confusion for all involved.   

The last seller update said the goal was to make ALL SELLER GENERATED OFFERS immediate payment required.  This, of course, disallows any combined shipping/invoicing should multiple items be involved. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The policy page on offers indicates that "Immediate payment is not required when the Best Offer option is used in a listing, unless you were asked to confirm your payment method when placing your offer."

(I personally dislike these one-on-one negotiations with buyers where they get an exclusive price.  Instead, if a buyer is wanting a lower price that I'm willing to support, then I lower the price on the listing ... first buyer willing to pay gets it.)

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@kickin.assets 

It appears that eBay is "tinkering" with this offer business once again.  There is a good chance your buyer needs to look at their "offers received" as they very likely won't get a notice that their counter offer was accepted.  

Previously, some proceeded as "they normally would in the past", some would not.  Some buyer's receive a screen that requires them to pay right then with there being no "accept" button on the buyer facing side of the transaction. Others will get a screen with an accept button that allows the to proceed as "they normally would in the past".  eBay decides with one they get.     eBay started this activity a few months ago with regular buyer generated offers which caused confusion for all involved.   

The last seller update said the goal was to make ALL SELLER GENERATED OFFERS immediate payment required.  This, of course, disallows any combined shipping/invoicing should multiple items be involved. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@kickin.assets 

Here is one of the more recent threads on this topic.  It is not until the last couple of posts that it is discovered that "accepted" counter offers were involved.  If you need the "original" threads from a few months back outlining when this bizarreness first started, I have those as well. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Accepted-Offers-only-one-showaing-as-accepted/td-p/34435616 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

unless you were asked to confirm your payment method when placing your offer

@orangehound 

I would presume the page needs to be updated.  Through numerous long drawn out discussions here, it was determined that the Buyer Requirement that resulted in a buyer's forced participation in auto pay was NOT part of this.   A seller that sent/accepted numerous offers involving the same buyer in the same session resulted in only some of them where the buyer could "accept" and proceed as "how it always worked  in the past.  The rest required the buyer to pay individually.  The seller had turned off the buyer requirement long before this event. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@orangehound

@kickin.assets  

Here is the older thread referenced in my response to you in message#5.  This was during the time when eBay was 'renaming' offers accepted by the seller into "You sent an offer".  Buyers did not see their offers were accepted and assumed in many cases their were simply ignored.  

During that time it was assumed it was a function of the "New smoother checkout" that forced buyers to put up a payment source in order to make an offer.  This seller sells stamps and coins, and relies on "multiple purchases from the same buyer" and had dispensed with that requirement. It took a while to determine that un-enrolling yourself, as a seller, from the auto pay requirements  did not influence this new mess at all. 

The first screen in this thread shows a buyer (received) facing screen with NO accept button.  I think there are others posted there that show both types eBay was sending out, and perhaps still is. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/I-don-t-think-eBay-really-wants-us-to-make-sales/td-p/34216293

Message 6 of 6
latest reply