cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to get more than 250 listings with no insertion fees without a store?

I currently get the monthly Promotional offer as stated below:

List up to 250 Items for FREE Every Month!

Pay no insertion fees on 250 auction-style or fixed price listings.

Is there any way to request a free higher item cap? Or is the only way to get more than 250 listings with no insertion fees is to get a BASIC STORE that comes with 1,000/mo?

Also I am a little confused by the 250 free item limit as compared to the "monthly limits" I get which are currently the following:

2,839 listed and sold / 8,400 limit on quantity of items

Any clarification from experienced sellers out there would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

As a new seller you are restricted to the amount you can sell, with or without a store.

I am uncertain on the policy for Canada, but on .com it is:

• It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale
  • You have more than 25 sales transactions
  • You have more than $250 in total sales
I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Non-Store sellers get 250 free listings per month.

Sometimes there are promotional offers for additional listings but other than that you have to pay for more listings.

The "monthly limits" are like a credit limit, even if you wanted to pay for more listings or got a promo for thousands of free listings you would not be able to exceed your "monthly limit" but you can apply for an increase (looks like you've already been given increases since the limits are usually very low to start.

I think the reason your number of listings used is high because you are using variations style listings and each variation counts as a listed item as far as limits are concerned (even though a variation listing of ten items only counts as 1 listing against your 250 free.)

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

You can have as many eBay IDs as you want, and each one of them will get 250 free insertions per month.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks do you mean different ebay accounts? I tried making a second account and as soon as I posted one listing the account got banned for some strange reason. Got on the phone with support and they would not help in any way to lift the ban but yet could not give me a reason why it was banned.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for the response

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Yes you are correct I am using variations.

Looks like I will have to bite the bullet and get a basic store at some point if I want to list more than 250 items.

I just have to make sure I'm selling enough to cover the fees.

I really wish ebay would do away with stores and just open up listing...of course make people work their way up to listing limits but just get rid of the stores. That probably won't happen though lol

I appreciate your input and explanation.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply