cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying newly listed radio slider

I buy in a huge category with a lot of listings. I have a saved newly listed search. Recently eBay has added a radio slider as a filter on my search that limits the results to maybe items listed in the last day?

i only noticed because I ran a search early morning that only had a dozen results. I wonder how many buyers are using newly listed and are not getting ALL listings sorted by date?

More stupid changes that “help” the buyer find fewer things. Just like category funneling.

just FYI, I didn’t find any posts about it.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Annoying newly listed radio slider

Mine still show up as best match default (which I hate).  Maybe it is just a beta test ? If they do plan to switch to newly listed as default I would assume because 90 % of all merchandise sits for months on end. This way a buyer does not have to search and keep seeing the same thing over and over again. I have had to switch my search for years now to newly listed.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

best match is still my default. The change is to new.y listed which a lot of people use

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth 

Mine still shows best match. Like I said maybe you are in a beta test or something. I wish it would default to newly listed.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@coolections 

Mine still show up as best match default (which I hate).

You should be able to set your default search sort using the "customize" choice in the drop-down where you can choose between list or gallery view if you are using a desktop browser.

I say "should" because the customization does not always "take" on the first try. See here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Member-To-Member-Support/change-listing-from-best-match/qaq-p/30498406

That will not affect your current saved searches, but at least you will not have to change that setting every time you search in the future.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

It’s not defaulting to newly listed.

when I go to newly listed there is a radio slider automatically set to only bring back very new listings. You cannot keep scrolling to listings that have been up longer than a day.

newly listed used to bring up thousands of listings for my regular search, now it’s only returning a few.

How many buyers will have this happen and not realize there are many other listings out there they are not automatically shown? To go back further than a day you have to go in and change the slider every single time.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

🙄urg. Helpful changes are not helpful.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Recently eBay has added a radio slider as a filter on my search that limits the results to maybe items listed in the last day?

It appears that the function of that "Newly Listed" toggle in the app has changed since the last time I looked at it. At one point, it seemed that that setting would only show results that were listed since the last time that saved search was run. Which caused much confusion when folks ran a search twice in quick succession and found no results. Or perhaps that was just a bug, and the function has been restored. I rarely use it, so I am not entirely sure what it is "supposed" to do. Now it seems to show the same results when the saved search is run again, so perhaps it is showing results listed in the last day.

Most of my searches are run from bookmarks, so I avoid using the saved searches.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I played around with it and got it to stop happening. This is what it looks like on a different search

2B905CD3-6427-420B-9D8A-25FFF73C980D.png

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I’m guessing it’s the last 24 hours but I don’t have time to investigate further

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

How many buyers will have this happen and not realize there are many other listings out there they are not automatically shown? To go back further than a day you have to go in and change the slider every single time.

It is possible to unsave the search, change that toggle setting and then resave the search to preserve the previous behavior and see all results, but obviously that does not help the folks that do not know about the feature to begin with.

It might be a useful feature if it was better documented (or documented at all), and if it did not simply appear and become the default saved search setting out of the blue.

I believe that with that setting set in your saved searches, it is possible to quickly scan your saved searches in the app and identify which searches have newly listed results -- a blue dot appears next to the search name -- without having to open each search. But without knowing exactly how it works, it is hard to rely on it. So a search without the blue dot either indicates no newly listed results (for some unspecified duration) or else that that setting has not been set for that search.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

IMO, that is the point. If you search newly listed then you are telling Ebay you only want to see newly listed. Why change to newly listed if you also want to see the thousands of stale stuff listed for months and years. With the new GTC hardly anything is new anymore. I think it is one of the best things Ebay could do for a buyer.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@eburtonlab 

Thank you very much. Never realized they added that customized feature. No more stale stuff for me to see. 😀

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

You are very welcome -- happy searching.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

I want to see all the new listings that I haven’t seen yet. It should be like it was before, showing all listings but sorted by newest first. It should be a sort order not an edit.

if I’m busy and haven’t had time to check for 3 days, yes, I want to see the listings for the last three days or until I stop scrolling.

In what universe does it ever make sense to arbitrarily cut the number of listings a potential buyer can see? How would you feel as a seller that your item was not shown because it was listed 25 hours before?

Message 15 of 17
latest reply