cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An Example of Blatant Feedback Extortion by a Buyer

Below are excerpts from the 29 messages the buyer sent in their attempt to extort a refund without a return, including iPhone screenshots of the threatened negative feedback. The listing allowed a 30-day return but the buyer falsely filed a NAD. They did not return the item so eBay cancelled the return and removed the negative feedback. I filed a buyer report but as far as I can tell eBay took no action. (Identifying details have been redacted.)

1.png2.png3.png

4.png

5.png6.png7.pngScreenshot 2024-01-14 143215.png

8.png

9.png

9a.png

9b.png

10.png

11.png

This is so blatant I believe they could actually be prosecuted by the law for extortion, but law enforcement generally won't get involved for crimes worth less than five figures.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Blocked Buyer List

https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Since you reported the Feedback Extortion to eBay, the buyer got a black mark of some sort on their buying account.
EBay does not make these public. Nor does eBay make Seller Defects public.

Enough of either and the account may be closed.

And of course the feedback has been removed.

Occasionally we see a post from a buyer complaining they are no longer allowed to use the Money Back Guarantee.

And their FB, while it is not used by eBay to assess member accounts, usually shows the busybodies posters here exactly why.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Just reminds you that there are lunatics out there.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply