cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon seller buying my stuff on eBay and re-selling it on Amazon

A while ago i posted about a guy who listed one of my eBay items for sale on Amazon. It's a kite accessory. I sell it for $27. He marked it up to $40-something  and put a 1-3 week shipping time.  That way if he got an order for one, he could buy it from me, and still have plenty of time to ship it to his buyer.

I did some research on this Amazon seller.  It turns out he has hundreds of items for sale on Amazon where it looks like he picked a eBay item, marked it way up, stole the picture, stole the text - sometimes word for word, and listed it on Amazon

The other day I sold one of these kite assessories and the buyer asked that I not include a invoice with the order. I immediately thought that this has to be the guy.  Sure enough, after doing some research on this ebay buyer, he's registered in India. He lists ebay stuff on Amazon.  If he gets a order for one, he buys it on ebay and sends it to his Amazon customer.  In this case he has me drop shipping  it directly to his customer (i think). I shipped it to whatever address was pre-filled out when I print out a ebay shipping label. Isn't that the "verified" address?

I didn't include a invoice with the order as I was asked, but what if i did. That would get the guy in hot water. Am I obligated in any way to follow the buyers special instructions?

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Amazon seller buying my stuff on eBay and re-selling it on Amazon

After he sold the first one, he raised the price to $50.

Message 2 of 43
latest reply

Wow. Glad to hear you have a buyer for your items. You may want to just raise your price $40 instead and YOU make max profit instead of your buyer. It's up to you but no matter what you should be thrilled.

Message 3 of 43
latest reply

I don't want to "gouge" my ebay customers and raise the price.  $27 is a fair price. I sell maybe 1 a week at that price.  I guess once in a while someone will buy one on Amazon for $40 or $50 when they could buy it on ebay for $27?  And i really have no problem with the guy buying it from me, marking it up, and re-selling it for more money.  That's the American way.  God bless America.  I am a little upset that he stole my pictures and text word for word. 

Message 4 of 43
latest reply

The kite thingy - you make it; it's your creation?   Because no one can "steal a photo or text word for word" and use it on Amazon unless ... oh I'll explain that after I see your answer.

If the guy is in India, you'll have a hard time proving copyright infringement because international lawsuits/cease and desist orders are very expensive (requires legal assistance).

cool, some people shop on Amazon and never look here.   They choose to not shop here.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 5 of 43
latest reply

The guy doesn't want to have to do any "actual" work.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 6 of 43
latest reply

Your seller is into "virtual manufacturing"
Message 7 of 43
latest reply

Once you sell an item it belongs to that person.  So unless it is copyrighted intellectual material, he can do with it however he wishes.

But maybe consider raising your prices a bit.

Message 8 of 43
latest reply

Always send it with the invoice.

Message 9 of 43
latest reply

Why would it bother you that they do that.  I just had a sale today that the person asked me not to put any reference to the sale in the box.  Happens every now and then.  That is where a lot of low ball offers come in from people on listings that offer make an offer.  Like all of mine.   I wish it would happen more.   You have the option of listing on amazon.    If you really want to see that kind of listing in action look at any expensive item on home depot.  You will find it here listed by a  bunch of sellers marked up and  with free shipping.  They just order it from home depot and have them send to the customer.   I think the fact ebay has pulled back on giving anyone that takes breath 500,000 free listings  all the time might help control this but I don't know.  I used to get offers of literally millions and millions of free listings a year.  I would use 50 or 100.   Not any more. 

Message 10 of 43
latest reply

They said; Don't include an invoice..

You could include a nice printed note with an invite to purchase additional items at (your eBay store here) for $27.00.

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 11 of 43
latest reply

sharingtheland: Not my creation. I get them from the manufacturer in Germany. They tell me I am their  only buyer/re-seller of this product in the US.  As far as the other guy stealing my pics and text, i have 2 pics of the item. One is a stock photo I stole from the manufacturer.  One is my own photo i took of the item laying on my green comforter. He stole that pic. His text on his Amazon listing is my text from my ebay listing,  word for word.  "Just in time for summer kite flying fun......"

Message 12 of 43
latest reply

Love that idea!!!!!!

Message 13 of 43
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

sharingtheland: Not my creation. I get them from the manufacturer in Germany. They tell me I am their  only buyer/re-seller of this product in the US.  As far as the other guy stealing my pics and text, i have 2 pics of the item. One is a stock photo I stole from the manufacturer.  One is my own photo i took of the item laying on my green comforter. He stole that pic. His text on his Amazon listing is my text from my ebay listing,  word for word.  "Just in time for summer kite flying fun......"

Okay, then he created the listing which makes sense since you said the manufacturer told you that you are the only reseller in the US.  Meaning, no one else had it listed on Amazon; if someone else did he would not have been able to use your text or photo.  

Can't you list it yourself on Amazon and undercut his price?   Meaning, you would be using the listing he created.  That's kind of full circle selling...

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 14 of 43
latest reply

No one leaves money on the table. The only logical thing to do is raise your price while you can.

When Bezos finds out about the item, he will buy out all their stock, undercut your price, and the rest is history.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 15 of 43
latest reply