cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow offline payment Add payment methods not managed by eBay.

'Allow offline payment

Add payment methods not managed by eBay.'

I'm just now seeing this option on my listings that I'm either relisting, revising, or creating new. 

I'm guessing this is a slow rollout for sellers for this to suddenly pop up for me.

Reminds me of the old early days of eBay, but I don't see all the if's, An's, but's, or timeline on this feature. 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I'm guessing this is an erroneous rollout.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I suspect somebody in the coding room accidentally linked to an old piece of code and/or linked to a page element intended to only show for the few Categories where non Managed Payments transactions are allowed.

If you think this is an actual change where sellers can opt out of Managed Payments I think you will be disappointed.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Devon has said on another thread that they are looking into this, but it appears likely to be either a glitch or error at this point.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Anyone-else-seeing-this/m-p/34426873/highlight/true#M2389720 

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@valueaddedresource Yes, I'm with Team Glitch on this one...but it sure would be nice to get a definite answer from ebay. Seems the question is simple enough...ebay: If it is a glitch, just say so. The listing form team owns this issue, hard to understand why they can't provide a faster response....So much confusion on this site, mostly avoidable with real communication.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@valueaddedresource  And will just add, I do not see this option on the Android ebay App. While the app and listing form do have some differences, I think this is more evidence that this is likely a PC  listing form glitch.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

"The listing form team owns this issue, hard to understand why they can't provide a faster response..."

The listing form team spends Monday through Friday throwing sharpened pencils at the ceiling tiles, and is off on the weekends.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I pretty much see this on all my listings even today. 

took photo with digital camera. Cut and paste was not solid.

Why does it seem at times that we have to call out issues for eBay to address with no reward? OFF LINE.JPG

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

I have seen these   on   payment check out   when  get ready to make payment.     Pay on  local  pickup   online payment  was option   .    A couple  U.S. Rep's    on phone I talked with   said   the online payment is still a option .

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals "Why does it seem at times that we have to call out issues for eBay to address with no reward?"

Prompt answers, timely announcements...all would reduce CS time and expense for ebay, would reduce confusion for sellers and buyers, and would free up time for sellers to actually work their business, rather than spend time trying to get answers to questions which ebay should provide without all this seller effort. So, it would be a win-win for everyone....including shareholders,

But it has been nearly 30 years, and ebay still hasn't grasped this, so I doubt they ever will. They'll continue to provide their typical lip service about "seller engagement" and "transparency", but this tug of war will just continue.

Sad.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

At times, I think this is the normal website forum process rather than running internal test runs with real experienced eBay employees to catch issues and fix. 

Let's just make these changes, see what the sellers and buyers have to say and then we will address. In the meantime, we keep everyone active on-site chatting / talking / stressed, and eBay advertisers are getting more views / clicks. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

You bring up another possible issue that I noticed.

In the last 4 days, I received two offers on two different items, from two different individuals. What I did notice that both potential buyers were both in Texas. 

Note: I'm in Indiana

When I received those offers, it showed the offer price + local pick up. Nothing noted about shipping costs. 

I was afraid to accept the offers. I didn't know if the buyer was only going to try to pay for the item and then expect me to ship for free which I will not do, but probably just forcing me to do a cancelation / refund. 

I declined the first persons offer with a note of why they selected local pick-up. No response. Then they made another offer. Same thing. I declined with another note. 

These constant roll outs just create more and more issues. I remember when we only had a Spring and Fall updates. Now it's more like all year long. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Sounds to me like a figment of the imagination.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply