cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Items Are Free!?

Twice in the past couple months I have had ebay just give the buyer a refund and let them keep the item.

Most recently someone demanded a partial refund in the messages. I don’t do partial refunds. They opened a return, again demanding a partial refund. I approved the request and provided a label. They WANT the item. They just don’t think they should pay for it. I guess ebay agreed. Buyer called and they opened a case. They closed the case in 15 seconds claiming I didn’t respond. Totally disgusting. Outright theft. Second time it’s happened in two months. Are we expected to meet all partial refund demands? Are all items on ebay free for anyone will to call in with absurd, entitled demands?

Next we have GSP theft. Buyers in GSP have found that if they open a return the seller will be forced to provide a return label that is impossible to obtain and in return they will get the item for free. I sold a brand new water heater part via GSP and the buyer, who probably doesn’t understand how it works, opens a return for “not authentic.” It came from Home Depot. Claim is absurd. Ebay says they are going to give him my item for free if I don’t figure out how to buy Mexican postage in four days.  Im taking GSP off of all my shipping policies later today. Ill bet this isn’t the first item this guy has stolen this way.

This is outright theft. As sure as stealing from wal-mart is theft. Is ebay giving away your stuff to obvious liars and cheats as well?

Most recently someone demanded a partial refund in the messages. I don’t do partial refunds. They opened a return, again demanding a partial refund. I approved the request and provided a label. They WANT the item. They just don’t think they should pay for it. I guess ebay agreed. Buyer called and they opened a case. They closed the case in 15 seconds claiming I didn’t respond. Totally disgusting. Outright theft. Second time it’s happened in two months. Are we expected to meet all partial refund demands? Are all items on ebay free for anyone will to call in with absurd, entitled demands?

Next we have GSP theft. Buyers in GSP have found that if they open a return the seller will be forced to provide a return label that is impossible to obtain and in return they will get the item for free. I sold a brand new water heater part via GSP and the buyer, who probably doesn’t understand how it works, opens a return for “not authentic.” It came from Home Depot. Claim is absurd. Ebay says they are going to give him my item for free if I don’t figure out how to buy Mexican postage in four days.  Im taking GSP off of all my shipping policies later today. Ill bet this isn’t the first item this guy has stolen this way.

This is outright theft. As sure as stealing from wal-mart is theft. Is ebay giving away your stuff to obvious liars and cheats as well?

For everything that happens conditions exist such that nothing else could have happened.
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

All Items Are Free!?

Ya i will send my money to a scammer who is never going to return anything. Thank you for the advise.

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

All Items Are Free!?

@dentalrprtek2012 wrote:

Ya i will send my money to a scammer who is never going to return anything. Thank you for the advise.

That's the way it is if you can't provide a return label.

If they don't use it to return the item, file a claim with Pay Pal and get your money back.

Is that why you didn't get your item back?

Have a great day.
Message 32 of 32
latest reply