cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advertising problem

So I have a member on eBay who is not a buyer of mine reach out and ask me to stop puting ads for my item on his listing. I assured him that I only promote my items and do not have a day as to where the ad goes and I cannot change it. He said it’s weird and we didn’t speak. A few days later I get a message saying he is filing a complaint against me and what I am doing is illegal because I am hijacking his listing. I was telling him I have no idea what he means and j do not control the ads, that is not how it works. He was continuing to get nastier and nastier saying ebay can’t help and there’s a glitch in my system and they they have to take a lot of time to fix this problem to which I will have to pay Ebay for their time to fix it. He also said thag I have to close the listing. Which I can do and re-list but due to his attitude I don’t feel like I should do anything for this person. What should I do? Ignore the guy?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Advertising problem

I'd ignore him. And I'd report him for harassment.

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Advertising problem

Yes, ignore the guy. He doesn't appear to have a foot in reality.

And maybe add him to your blocked buyer list just to avoid any future confrontation. 

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

Advertising problem

Being able to pick whose listings your promotions appear in would be awesome. 

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Advertising problem

On all messages you can report the sender.

You can also add this person to your BBL and check the box to not allow him to send you messages.

Do not respond to his messages. 

Report everyone he sends.

Do not close your listings. There is no issue and you do not have to pay anything to "fix" it.

This person is not all there.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Advertising problem

Report them to eBay, block them & do not communicate with them any more.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/rules-policies-buyers/abusive-buyer-policy

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

Advertising problem

"...He was continuing to get nastier and nastier saying ebay can’t help and there’s a glitch in my system and they they have to take a lot of time to fix this problem to which I will have to pay Ebay for their time to fix it..."

Definitely making this up as he/she is going along.....

I would pay money to see anyone "pay ebay" to"fix it"

ignore, and don't let it ruin your day..

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Advertising problem

That's funny. He's going to report you to eBay for something eBay designed specifically this way.

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

Advertising problem

KInda like when a customer wants to report you to a manager for following the rules that they're not happy with?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Advertising problem

Being called a ebay cheerleader many times, I just wanted to say

GREAT JOB EBAY!

It looks like promoted listings is working just like it should!   😃

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 10 of 24
latest reply

Advertising problem

I would just politely explain to him that it's ebay doing this, not you.

You have no control over it.

If the he wants to complain, take it up with ebay.

I would explain this to him ONCE and block/ignore after that.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Advertising problem

They used to call them Karens but I call them "Ashley" cuz that's the one I know...

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

Advertising problem

@beninidesign wrote:

So I have a member on eBay who is not a buyer of mine reach out and ask me to stop puting ads for my item on his listing. 

That made me laugh.

Yeah, clearly a dude that hasn't heard of or doesn't know how promoted listings work. I echo the advice of others to ignore, block and report.

But I'll add this: there's a possibility you're not the only seller he's sending nasty messages to, so in your comments when you file the report, ask eBay to check the seller's messages to others for a pattern of abuse.

You should block this guy in 2 ways:

1. Add to your Best Buddy list.

2. Block through the message as shown in the screenshot below. Blocking through the message will block all future communications from them - instantly - whether or not you're in a transaction with someone.

reportmessage.png

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 13 of 24
latest reply

Advertising problem

Block - Report - Let eBay handle this guy.  Don't stress over this, Life is too short. Good Luck!

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

Advertising problem

You cant explain it to them so stop trying.

Block him, make sure blocked people can't email you, and don't reply anymore.  Since you replied he may still be able to email you awhile before being blocked.

Alert ebay fraud/safety about the threatening emails from him.

Also thank ebay for all the ads being peppered all over every page, they are 100% responsible for the hate you are getting from this other person.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply