cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advertising added to my Item ruins chance for a sale!

I havbe a  very good, very popular Ham Radio hand held radio for sale. Past sales of this radio are in the $300  to $400 range. I had it listed for $400 and lowered it to $350 and now to $325.  Ebay has added a bunch of advertised items to my page with some cheap items they deem as equilivent ort similat for as low as $12.  Twelve Dollars!!!!!!!  These are cheap knock offs and do not have all the functions of my item.  On the Price part of my listing they have A suggest price of less than $25.  

EBAY just destroyed the chance of me making a sale.  Their idea of "equivalent" is based on AI intelligence I guess.

You will not see the suggested price if you are logged on to ebay. This only showes up if someone else looks at your item.  Ebay dos not want you to know they are  under cutting your chance to sell your item. I doesn't make sence that they had rather make the commision off a $12 item than a $300 dollar item! DUH!!

Leland Cox

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Advertising added to my Item ruins chance for a sale!

I appreciate the replys, most understand the problem.  I think the type item you have for sale makes a difference in the the effect the advertising has on your item.  I had 3 offers well below my asking price before the advertising started and have had NO OFFERS since!  I have lowered my price and lowered  my accetable offer price below the BELOW THE PREVIOUS OFFERS and still recieved NO NEW OFFERS.

If you have an item in the $300-400 range and Ebay advertises "Equilivent items" in the $20 range,  how has it affected your sales? 

I do not believe AI is smart enough for everything!

ps: If my item for sale is going to attract people viewing your item I should be paid for that! Ebay needs to Pay Us for every view our item attracts to their items.  They are getting paid. So should we!

Leland Cox  AA4F

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

You are probable right abut when the "suggested price" shows.  I have looked for it and not sure when it   appears!  I have some more  stuff to list and will look for it then!

Leland Cox

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

If you're either selling the best version/copy of something or at the best price, who cares if other items are advertised?  Let potential buyers see that yours is the copy they want to buy, and they'll have to do less research and potentially lose your item in the mix.  I welcome advertising on our listings, because I know we'll usually be the best option.

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Just commenting nobody is going to use Buy Now for $300 when it says or best offer.  

Message 19 of 19
latest reply