cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional "free listings" ???

Has anyone else received additional free listings for your store.  I didn't have them yesterday, but now it says I get 50,000 a month and that it started August 1.  They were not there all last month.  it also says basic stores get 10,000 free listings in select categories starting August 1 but I have a basic store and they are not available.  This happened once before last year and I Iisted and Ebay told me it was an error and I got stuck with about 500 listings.  Do you others get these listings?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Additional "free listings" ???

Yes There are some free listings now it was Announced awhile ago 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/We-re-increasing-monthly-zero-insertion-fee-listings-for...

10K for Basic is only if you are in MP or if invited & enrolled for MP 
 50K should also only be if you are in MP with a Premium store 
here is a good link 
https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/insertion-fees-update.html

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I find the new store format under MP to be another money grab. Hate to say it, but true. 

I have a basic store. 600 free listings I believe with this crazy "bonus" of 10,000 free listings (fixed format) in very limited "selected" categories. 

To me, we were pampered with unlimited listings when the pandemic started (it still continues) and will be more important than ever for eBay to continue through the holidays and early next year. Remember, eBay is in the middle of a sale "if approved" to Adevinta.

Just seems eBay changes the rules when the numbers for them start going in the red for monthly and quarterly reports. 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The Adevinta purchase is for the 'Classified Ads' that ebay was/is selling off. 

Regarding a 'money grab', of course it is, for both sellers and ebay. Free listings never hurt anyone. Watch them, cancel when the 'promo' is off or you will be charged for them to 'relist'. As stated, know the categories. Bottom Line- nothing is for free, and when it is, it has parameters. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply