cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding thousands of vehicle fitment manually?

Hi all, are there any 3rd party providers or programs that can bulk-assign vehicle fitment information to a listing?

I am listing an automotive accessory which will fit many, many vehicles (over 40,000).  It's not currently in the Ebay database, so they don't have any vehicle fitment information for it.  According to Ebay, that means that I need to enter vehicle fitment information manually, and I can have up to 3000 vehicles listed per one product listing.  In my case, I'd need about 15 product listings to cover all 40,000+ vehicles.   However, adding this many vehicles to a listing manually is virtually impossible.  Any thoughts on how to either automate this or speed up the process?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Check with the sellers on mainland China - they appear to do it quickly, frequently, and don't seem to break a sweat.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Thanks, I unfortunately (or fortunately?) don't know any of them. I know they spam ebay with thousands of duplicate listings, but I'm trying to actually follow the rules and add all fitment information to one listing.
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

@car-cover-universe wrote:

Hi all, are there any 3rd party providers or programs that can bulk-assign vehicle fitment information to a listing?

I am listing an automotive accessory which will fit many, many vehicles (over 40,000).  It's not currently in the Ebay database, so they don't have any vehicle fitment information for it.  According to Ebay, that means that I need to enter vehicle fitment information manually, and I can have up to 3000 vehicles listed per one product listing.  In my case, I'd need about 15 product listings to cover all 40,000+ vehicles.   However, adding this many vehicles to a listing manually is virtually impossible.  Any thoughts on how to either automate this or speed up the process?

Thanks!

Just a couple points.  You do not want to have 3000 variations to a listing.  The buyers will not go through all that to find there vehicle.  I think ebay only allows up to 60 variations to a listing.  Click here to learn more about Multi variation listings.

Also before you spent to much time and money on a program to do this keep in mind that as what looks like a new or non active seller (Based on your feedback profile) you will probably have selling limits that are going to limit your ability to list very much until you get through the eBay probationary period.  Click here to learn more about Selling Limits.

Lastly in a few months time you will need to make sure your items all have UPC numbers.  I am not completely versed on any exceptions to the rule but I think eBay is going to require a lot more items to have them in a few months.  Click Here to see the 2016 fall seller updates.

Now moving forward there are a number of third party listing tools.  Click here to learn more about a few of them.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Are you talking about 40,000 different products, each fitting one car?

1,000 products each fitting 40 cars?

Or one universal product that fits everything on wheels?  In this case, you don't want to get into keyword spamming.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 5 of 24
latest reply

@kush12345

Dude.... You are using the same stock pictures for every car.

I could put two MG B's under a Lincoln tarp....

It looks like a universal cover...

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

@kush12345

Do like you do on your website.....

It will save you alot of listing time.

2-door coupe 

4-door sedan

Hatchback

Stationwagon

Other ( specify at checkout)

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

Thanks for the input. My understanding is that in order for products to appear in vehicle-specific searches, they must be tied to the vehicle fitment system. Instead of listing one product for each car, which would be spamming, Ebay allows for multiple vehicles to be assigned to one listing. Given that I have a product that will fit 40,000 individual vehicles, I'd like to add as few listings as possible, each with the maximum number of vehicles it will fit.

This product I'm inquiring about is not a car cover.
Message 8 of 24
latest reply

That should about cover it .

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 9 of 24
latest reply

Regarding the car covers I have listed - they're not universal. They're sized for specific makes/models which is why those particular products are listed for specific vehicles. We'll have vehicle-specific photos up for those listings soon, it's in the works. Regarding my account limits, they're high enough to list the quantity of listings I'm inquiring about.
Message 10 of 24
latest reply

@kush12345

That gets a bit tricky... I listed a Timken wheel bearing.

That could fit everything from a 59 ford... to a B-29

or a new Honda civic....2016 style

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

Right, which is why they allow for vehicle fitment information to be included in the listing - so it appears in search when someone is searching for X part for the vehicle they've entered. So if a single product fits even 500 vehicles, how do you enter that fitment information other than manually selecting every vehicle individually?
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

I have a pair of fuzzy dice that will fit most vehicles equiped with windshield mounted rearview mirrors.

A huge complaint in the motors category is generic parts listed to fit everything under the sun. People run a model specific search and it's innundated with univerasal floor mats, exhaust pipe tips, valve cover caps, tree shaped air fresheners, etc.

It's a bit unclear what you are selling. By custom sized to fit do you mean like small mediun and large? Because a custom car cover is one cut for a specific vehicle, it fits like a glove. My friend bought one for his 69 camaro and it was like a second skin for the car.

By running non custom covers through parts compatibility as if they are vehicle specific you might confuse buyers and have problems. Most buyers just want something to toss over the car anyway and aren't interested in paying for a real custom cover.

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

@kush12345

@car-cover-universe wrote:
Right, which is why they allow for vehicle fitment information to be included in the listing - so it appears in search when someone is searching for X part for the vehicle they've entered. So if a single product fits even 500 vehicles, how do you enter that fitment information other than manually selecting every vehicle individually?

lol   you don't list 500 applications in a listing.. way too much info.

If you need a Timken 08231.... you know what you need.

Early 80's I ask the parts man for a front wheel bearing for a Trumph GT-6

He said I don't have one...NA   

So I said give me one for a Spitfire

And he said what year...

I said Dude every Triumph ever made uses the same front wheel bearings...

It is car specific... there are universal parts... and then 1990 Honda Civic parts

What are you trying to sell....

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

@impalajohnny Again, the product I'm inquiring about is NOT a car cover.  The car covers we sell are custom fit, I am NOT inquiring about listing a car cover. 

Message 15 of 24
latest reply