cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Restricted For Listing What Other's have, sold, and are listing with no problem

I received a message from eBay that my account was restricted because of an Item I listed.

An item that others have listed and sold recently and that another person has listed.

A Playboy video that I listed under VHS as all the others are.

There are currently 36 Playboy VHS videos listed and 29 that were listed have sold including one that was identical to my listing, there is one listed for sale now.

But for some reason, mine was a problem, so big a problem that my account was restricted.

They claim it A Playboy Celebrity Video, should have been in the adult section, but there are a dozen of these celebrity videos that have sold with NO PROBLEM by other sellers.

EVERYTHING, I list, I research first to see if it sold and where it sold and I saw that this item was no problem.

There are rules for everyone or no one, but not maybe rules.

Playboy Celebrity videos do not have sex scenes and just about every "R" rated movie has nudity, even the animated ones and they DO often have sex scenes, all the teenage horror films have a lot.

Over 20 years I have sold a lot of Playboy items with no problem and society in general is far less concerned with nudity than 20 years ago.

IF, eBay must have standards, they should reflect the times we live in and apply EQUALLY to all sellers, not just some.

Not that eBay has forced me to use Sixbit for bulk listing, I can easily list in many places where before, with Turbo Lister, I had to just list on eBay.

Great thinking eBay.

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Account Restricted For Listing What Other's have, sold, and are listing with no problem

People in managed payments have more restrictions on the items they can sell than those still using Paypal.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@lightlily_arts wrote:

I'm curious as to whether eBay has a problem with nudity. For example what if I wanted to sell a replica of Michelangelo's  statue of David or of Venus de Milo.”

Ebay makes distinctions for art containing nudity, in the policy listed below. Art is allowed, even if nudity is present. But sexually-oriented adult materials are not comparable to great works of art. They fall into two very different categories, the former having restrictions that the latter do not. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/adult-items-policy?id=4278

“...adult material must be listed in the Everything Else > Adult Only category. This includes the following:

...Listings containing nudity (other than nude art)...”

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

"-- The following magazines and books can be listed outside the Adult Only category as long as the listing and product don't contain nude images or explicit content: Playboy, Playgirl, Mayfair, and Penthouse"

Think about that, does that make the smallest amount of sense?"

It's hilarious. Maybe ebay is referring to the braille editions!

-------------
Posting ID
Message 18 of 21
latest reply

@etvideo1ataol wrote:

They claim it A Playboy Celebrity Video, should have been in the adult section.

You've been an Ebay seller long enough and I assume you are old enough to know a Playboy is an adult video.

Yes, against Ebay rules. Do not worry about what others do just follow the rules and you will be fine.

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

It's actually not Ebay per se, it is the people who search videos, sometimes with kids present, that do not want to see adult videos.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

@etvideo1ataol wrote:

I have called them about this and am waiting for a reply.

Don't forget this part of the user agreement:

"we reserve the right to refuse, modify, or terminate all or part of our Services to anyone for any reason at our discretion"

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behaviour-policies/user-agreement?id=4259

Message 21 of 21
latest reply