cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account RESTRICTED, having done nothing wrong then reinstated after doing nothing but repeated email

Last week my account was "restricted" for having uploaded tracking on time, but no carrier scan.. 

This supposed even happened Nov 25, Thanksgiving week. there were 2 items listed on the report...

ebay showed that on Nov 25, i had uploaded tracking at 7:36 am, and by 9:42 am, it was in the possession of the USPS, there were various updates from within Nevada, but by Monday Nov 30, one shipment had been delivered, the other was scheduled for delivery that evening.

there was no other issues.

I called ebay, no resolution, just told that the only way to get the restriction released was by following the instructions in the message and replying there. that department, I was told, has no phone lines. (Yeah..right)

I told the rep, I had already emailed three different times.. I was told sometimes the messages get lost in the shuffle and to keep emailing until someone responds.. SO i did just that.

I bombarded them with responses.

Today I get a response telling me to do "one more thing" which is the exact same thing of uploading the info THEY ALREADY HAVE.. so, i responded by sending response after response.. just copy and pasting the same  response.. two minutes later, i receive notification saying "we appreciate the additional information you provided. We reviewed your situation further and in light of the additional details, ebay has reinstated your account".

I did nothing more than inundate them with the same email telling them they had made a mistake.

**bleep** ebay.. **bleep**

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Account RESTRICTED, having done nothing wrong then reinstated after doing nothing but repeated email

Read carefully:

- Last week my account was "restricted" for having uploaded tracking on time, but no carrier scan.. 

There is the problem.

I know you are frustrated but if you don't make changes this problem will bite you again.

And if you're done selling here then you can ignore the rest but otherwise...

You have to get that outgoing scan, I can't explain it any clearer than that.

Here is the solution:

You need to get your mail carrier to scan your packages when they get picked up.

You either want to speak to your local mail person and have a conversation with them about this and see what it is they want you to do (usually this involves printing a SCAN sheet or maybe if you're a low volume seller they just scan each parcel), or you will need to start making trips to the post office (they don't always scan either, you might have to go so far as to stand in line).

Speaking for myself, I have regular short conversations with my local carrier, the person that drives the truck past my house, that mailman... Unless I only have only one package I print a SCAN sheet, they scan my stuff, life is good.

So you have to get that outgoing scan, I can't explain it any clearer than that.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

There was an ebay glitch with uploaded tracking around then. It corrected itself about a week later.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Not sure how you can be restricted for not having tracking scans. Tracking is not, and has never been required. I have another account where I send everything out in an envelope with a postage stamp. My tracking upload percentage is zero, and it's an above standard account.

There has to be more to this.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Sadly unless you can make absolutely sure that your postal carrier or post office will scan your items when they get them every...single...time, this is going to happen to you again. 

I know sellers hate the idea of going to the post office to drop off packages but that is what I have had to resort to doing.  I've been selling for going on 14 years now and up until the last few years I could just drop the pile off and trust that they got scanned.  Not anymore.  I go to the post office every day to go to the window and have my stuff scanned in.    

I don't like having to do this any more than every other seller out there but unfortunately if I want my account (here and on the River) to remain in good standing, that is what I do.  I just had to change my mindset that going to the post office is just one more part of my job, just like packing and listing.  Besides, being an online seller tends to be a solitary sport.  Going to the post office gives me the opportunity to talk to people even if it is just for a few minutes.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Could going to the PO every day to go to the window & have your stuff scanned possibly increase your risk for covid 19 ?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I have done this everyday they are open since March.... not 1 sniffle.

I work “essential “ everyday too... 

Hmm... 

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I understand your frustration. I'm having problems too! I need to contact Ebay. Can you provide a phone # or email for Ebay?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

December 2020 thread.

@kraiford552000  You have opoened a very old thread.

To speak to a rep, scroll down to the bottom of that page and click "Contact us" In the chatbot that opens type in AGENT then press Send to bypass the bots You will see options to Chat live with an agent, or request a call back

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply