cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About selling

Hello, I am new to ebay selling. I want to be a good seller in this platform. I followed many courses in ebay seller acadamy. I want to improve my knowledge .Please help me for this. Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

About selling

@chinthaklakshanth0 

Doing your own research and your own  work is best.  Asking others here to do it for you won't happen.

If you went to the  academy the school should have taught the answers to your questions.  

Good luck. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

About selling

Here is all you need to know about selling from Sri Lanka.

https://www.topratedseller.com/sri-lanka/ebay

Sri Lanka easily has 50,000 sellers when it can really only support about 500, they are competing each other into the ground and splitting all those sales making it impossible for any of them to be successful. 

To compare, I am a single person operation in America, and I am in a wheelchair and I do 4 times as many sales as the current top rated seller in Sri Lanka (and much higher average price as well). I am not rich. Those videos you see of supposed Sri Lankan ebay sellers with their giant houses and Mercedes are all just lies to get you to watch the video and pay for various services.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

About selling

@chinthaklakshanth0 

Doing your own research and your own  work is best.  Asking others here to do it for you won't happen.

If you went to the  academy the school should have taught the answers to your questions.  

Good luck. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

About selling

To improve your knowledge go to the Site Map and scroll down until you see Tools & apps and click on Site Map. Then on the site map scroll until you come to Help Topics. Read every topic listed.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

About selling

@chinthaklakshanth0 wrote:

I followed many courses in ebay seller acadamy.

So have others from Sri Lanka and it didn't do any good.

Read, learn and follow policies.

Don't dropship cheap counterfeit junk from China.

Learn what you can and can't ship to different countries.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

About selling

@fab_finds4u 

I predict the next of many questions will be "What is the best listing tool?"  So much for seller school. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

About selling

One of the lessons to learn is if ebay want you to do it, it is good for ebay and not necessarily good for you.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

About selling

I know you're right! eBay PUSHES sellers to get a store before they should have one. And their listings are usually low value but they push promoted listings.  I wonder if they still push .99 auctions to attract more bidders?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

About selling

@fab_finds4u wrote:

I know you're right! eBay PUSHES sellers to get a store before they should have one. And their listings are usually low value but they push promoted listings.  I wonder if they still push .99 auctions to attract more bidders?

Sri Lankan sellers regularly seem to do 1 cent auctions with free shipping that sell for 1 cent.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

About selling

Thank you very much.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply