cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWAITING PAYMENT FROM BUYERS

I HAVE 9 SOLD LISTINGS IN THE LAST 5 DAYS. AWAITING PAYMENT ON 7 OF THE  9.

2 PAID RIGHT AWAY.

ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS ISSUE? THEY LOOK LIKE GOOD BUYERS.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@gilsters 

It's hard to tell a bad buyer since it is a violation to leave negative comments in a positive feedback and negative feedback isn't even an option.

If the Unpaid Item Assistant isn't set up, you can cancel unpaid items 96 hours (4 days) after the listing ended.  The assistant allows you to chose how many days leeway you are giving winners to pay.

The nonpaying winning bidder gets a strike when the seller cancels a transaction for nonpayment. Sellers can block any user who has accumulated 2 or more strikes in the past year. Buyer Requirements.

Add your nonpayers to your Blocked Bidder List.

Resolving unpaid items with buyers

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Since this just happened so suddenly, I was wondering if eBay has any new policies that may be holding up buyers funds to purchase. It's seven different buyers. Crazy huh? Usually most pay within a day. Just not normal.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Non payment is on the rise. Every week I have at least one that doesn’t pay-even with 100 % feedback. There are no repercussions of non payment -so they know it’s not a big deal. I have seen a rise in this-just in the past 6 months. Can list with buy it now or best offer for immediate pay.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

If you are using fixed listing and not auction, you can set it to IPR - immediate payment required.

If you are running auctions, you can auto-set your unpaid item assistant to cancel the sale on the 4th or 5th? day and the buyer gets a well earned strike.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@gilsters 

Just one possibility here, ebay has implemented their new checkout format and as a seasoned ebayer myself got stuck in it yesterday. It wouldn't allow me to use PayPal, it wanted me to open PayPal credit, to add another card. I had to re-enter my visa debit card again. It was a real mess, didn't think I would ever get out of that trap!

So that maybe one of the problems if your buyers don't know what to do.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I bet that's it! I hope they resolve that soon!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply