cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALERT from eBay - Listings eligible to send offers. WHAT?

I received this alert from eBay "Listings eligible to send offers" and then the number of listings.  Is anyone aware of this alert?  I have no idea about what is meant by this alert.  How do I send an offer to someone without them making an offer? No way of knowing who is making an offer if no offer was made.😀 

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: ALERT from eBay - Listings eligible to send offers. WHAT?

Thank you for the link, however, I am aware of adding "best offer" in my listings.  I prefer not to.  It seemed odd that eBay would send me that as an alert.  All the years, this is the first time I received such an alert.  I think the correct wording would be "eligible to add best offer to listings" not "eligible to send offers." I am just saying. 

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

@marviolet wrote:

Thank you for the link, however, I am aware of adding "best offer" in my listings.  I prefer not to.  It seemed odd that eBay would send me that as an alert.  All the years, this is the first time I received such an alert.  I think the correct wording would be "eligible to add best offer to listings" not "eligible to send offers." I am just saying. 

Sounds like you didn't read the section (#4 Sending offers to interested buyers) that my link went to.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Thank you for your help.  There are no items in any buyer's cart.  Certainly not over 200.  I sometimes get an email from eBay saying there are items in the buyer's cart and to make an offer.  Again, thank you.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

@marviolet wrote:

Thank you for your help.  There are no items in any buyer's cart.  Certainly not over 200.  I sometimes get an email from eBay saying there are items in the buyer's cart and to make an offer.  Again, thank you.

How would you know what buyers may have in their carts?

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

I get what the alert is about it.  It is about eBay trying to get sellers to send offers to people who are watching.  The problem with that is no all folks who are watching are buyers.  A lot of eBay sellers watch items to see what an item may sell for.  I learned this from an eBayer when I asked  a question a long time ago about people watching. 

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

How is it a problem if you send an offer to someone who is a seller? It doesn’t cost you anything and takes very little time. Plus I suspect a lot of the buying done on eBay is by sellers. I buy inventory here and stuff for my family. I don’t resell it here but many people do.

Why does it matter who it sells to? Their money spends the same.

Ive been on the boards for over 20 years and never seen an investigation into who the watchers are. I suspect it varies greatly based on category. There are also a lot of powerbuyers out there like me who watch and buy thousands of items a year. Anyone who tells you who watchers are is making an assumption and you know what they say about those.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

How I know what buyers have in their carts is an email from eBay sending me this information with a photo of the item and to lower my asking price.  I love receiving emails from eBay and I then try to adjust my asking price.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

I do not have a problem sending offers to anyone.  A lot of my buying is from eBay sellers.  When someone makes me an offer I never check to see if it is a seller or buyer.  I always respond to the offer.  This is not a question of someone sending an offer, it is sending offers to people who are watching.  It would be counter-productive to send offers to sellers who are just watching to see if a particular item is sold, and what it is sold for.  I appreciate all watchers, buyers or sellers.  I also, appreciate any offers from buyers or sellers. Love it.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

I just want to know how to make it NOT display in my Task List on my Seller Hub.
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

So don't use it and ignore the message what are you stressing over?

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

This does not pertain to you making offers - Ebay wants you to add Make an Offer on your items. It is a sad technique they are using.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

This is just an option for you to make the first move by sending an offer to watchers. If you click on the alert, you'll see the "send offer" option. Once you send an offer, the watcher can accept it, or if you choose to accept counteroffers, they can send a counteroffer to you.
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@carneycreations wrote:
I just want to know how to make it NOT display in my Task List on my Seller Hub.

2 options:

On the top of seller hub in the right hand corner is a 'customize' link.  Click that.

Option 1: uncheck the task box and then the stupid tasks don't show up any more

Option 2: drag the task box to the very bottom of the page when you stick the other things you may want to look at every now and then, but aren't important to you every single day and then ignore it.

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 15 of 20
latest reply