cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new sour cherry on my pie?

Ok, I got an email from PP that I got paid for a sold item...

Go to eBay to check out what was sold.......NOTHING

Got to UPS linked account .....NO LABELS to be printed

OK. guess I need wait....being hours, refreshed browser etc and eBay still not showing this sale (or any other)

I could go and ship it with the PP info but I think it is just WRONG that eBay is failing to show a sales ( I checked on old and new layout), I am sure that the 10% on item and 10% on shipping will be taken without error !

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: A new sour cherry on my pie?

I called eBay, rep said that it happens sometimes when buyer make different purchases and pay all at once. True or guess?...who knows

I was instructed to just refund the buyer, which I was in agreement as I did not feel OK participating on a "wrong from start by eBay" deal.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@hdps_corp wrote:

Ok, I got an email from PP that I got paid for a sold item...

Go to eBay to check out what was sold.......NOTHING

Got to UPS linked account .....NO LABELS to be printed

OK. guess I need wait....being hours, refreshed browser etc and eBay still not showing this sale (or any other)

I could go and ship it with the PP info but I think it is just WRONG that eBay is failing to show a sales ( I checked on old and new layout), I am sure that the 10% on item and 10% on shipping will be taken without error !

Is it a true PP email?

Did you log in to your PP to confirm payment is actually there?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

If you got an 'official looking' e-mail from PayPal, saying that you've been paid and the money will be released when you provide tracking information, you are being scammed.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Did you go to your PayPal account through your browser to verify that the email you thought was from PayPal was actually from PayPal.  Do not click on any links in that email.  Go to the site yourself.

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@hdps_corp 

Had the buyer messaged you saying that they couldn't pay through ebay or were having troubles of some kind and ask for your addy so they could pay you directly, or something like that?  If so, it is a common (any more ) scam to send an official looking 'PayPal' notice that you have been paid and that the funds will be released after you upload tracking, to prove shipping.

If you have shipped, try to recall the package.  Always check with PayPal - by logging in - never click on a link in one of those e-mails.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for your reply, that would be good for a newbie out there .

I am in the web since DOS operating system, way before any windows....so, not dumb here to fall for a fake phishing email.

PayPal email is is authentic and the money IS in my account with name and address of buyer and description of item

eBay still not showing the sales on my ebay page, this is going to be fun to explain to the buyer why I am not shipping it today.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

brian@ebay yet another issue.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Of course, first thing I did......is legit, money is there, item is correct...buyer paid for it...eBay is the one not showing the sales

I wonder if is because their site maintenance, they say some of the features may not work
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I had a similar experience last month. PP sent notice of refund to buyer for a Tee shirt that had not been received.  I check my ebay accounts several times a day. I had never seen a record of this sale , nor could I find a record back 90 days - way beyond teh purchase price date. No one could explain where the sale came from- Not PP Not eBay

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I sure do miss DOS - playing a game in DOSBox now.  Played with BBS's in the dark ages past.

I see someone called on a blue, so maybe something will come up.  There have been other threads about PayPal and ebay not communicating well.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@hdps_corp wrote:

Thanks for your reply, that would be good for a newbie out there .

I am in the web since DOS operating system, way before any windows....so, not dumb here to fall for a fake phishing email.

PayPal email is is authentic and the money IS in my account with name and address of buyer and description of item

eBay still not showing the sales on my ebay page, this is going to be fun to explain to the buyer why I am not shipping it today.

I had the same thing happen a few months back.  Two sales to the same buyer.  I got the PP payment notification but the sales record never showed on the Ebay side.  My listings however did show a sale.  It was really odd.  I did notify Ebay, they couldn't figure it out either.  I did however ship the items to the buyer as they did pay and there was nothing wrong with their payment.  I was also instructed by an Ebay CSR to do that as well.

Then this past week I got one or two PP notifications of payment without a corresponding email from Ebay again regarding the sale.  However this time they did show up as open orders waiting to be shipped, but the emails never came through.

If it were me, I'd ship the item tomorrow.  Taking care of Ebay separately.  But keep the buyer happy, they don't need to be drawn into the Ebay glitches.  They just want what they ordered.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I called eBay, rep said that it happens sometimes when buyer make different purchases and pay all at once. True or guess?...who knows

I was instructed to just refund the buyer, which I was in agreement as I did not feel OK participating on a "wrong from start by eBay" deal.
Message 12 of 12
latest reply