cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A good deed does not go unpunished

Item was put up buy it now.  Really good price.  Did not look too long, just immediately bought it and paid.

Get an email  later basically telling me he listed it incorrectly but if I wanted it he would send.

I replied that yes I won, paid for it, and want it.

Then he emails me back asking me don't I want this to go for a fair deal.

I will just add in now, that English may not be his first language.

Also, his account percentage is like 87% - bad.

Now I do not want to take advantage but I do not want to compromise my account or his.  It does not look like his could stand it.

So I give him instructions on how to cancel buyer requested.  And then he can refund me.  

Now silence.  To be honest I do not think he knows how to do it.

I do not want to do damage to his account, but I do want my money back.

So I wait ..............

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

87%~~not good.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

You went above and beyond.  If you do not file the claim you will not get your money back.

Thanks for being awesome!

Good Luck Selling!

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

You're teaching that seller to cancel sales if he doesn't get the price he wants.

If I wanted the widget, I'd opt for the seller to take his well-earned defect!

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

If this had been a 7 day auction I agree.

But this was a buy it now that I literally scooped up the minute it went live.

In this case I do believe her that she just did not set it up correctly and meant for it to be an auction.

But I may have to file INR because I am not getting a response.  

Part of this seller's low feedbacks core, imo, is not really knowing how ebay works.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Part of this seller's low feedbacks core, imo, is not really knowing how ebay works. emerald unquote - 

I'm not sure if I know how e bay works  any more myself . Well , I  hope you can get your money back  at least . Tulips 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@emerald40wrote:

If this had been a 7 day auction I agree.

But I may have to file INR because I am not getting a response.  

Part of this seller's low feedbacks core, imo, is not really knowing how ebay works.

I had a similar one that DID run the full length.  I won for just above the starting bid (under $10) over one other bidder.  Paid immediately.  No word from the seller.  Contacted a few times.  No reply.  Nearly a week later they refunded, without comment.  Because of the refund, I can't even file the INR and the item shows as 'unpaid' with a Pay Now button.

Seller had only listed two items.  The second went unsold.  Nothing listed since. 

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

So, exactly what "good deed" did you do?

How do you know the seller didn't plan this all along? He knows he can't compete for the price he really wants with his bad feedback, so he gets a sale with a low price and then tries to guilt the buyer into paying more with a pitiful act. If the buyer refuses to pay more, he hopes to just keep what money he got. And you fell for it!

eBay provides buyers with tools to protect ourselves and others. You're protecting a seller who is at best woefully incompetent and at worst a scammer, and putting other buyers at risk. That's no "good deed." I see nothing good in that at all.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@midnight_mysticwrote:

So, exactly what "good deed" did you do?

The good deed was the buyer or the OP explaining (in an eBay message) how to cancel the sale with buyer requested so he can get his fees back and cancel the transaction so he can relist it correctly.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Are you actually trying to help a terrible seller stay on ebay?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@turquoisetulipswrote:

Part of this seller's low feedbacks core, imo, is not really knowing how ebay works. emerald unquote - 

I'm not sure if I know how e bay works  any more myself . Well , I  hope you can get your money back  at least . Tulips 

The good news is that I just got the cancellation order and was refunded.

The bad news - for the seller - is that he used out of stock as the reason.

This is after I told her I would agree to cancelling it buyer requested and showed her exactly how to do it.

I tried.  I will not leave him a negative either.

But she is not going to last much longer here if she keeps going in this direction/

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@fossil_diverwrote:

Are you actually trying to help a terrible seller stay on ebay?

Like I do here, I am trying to educate a confused seller in how to do things correctly so they do not further damage their account.

If this was a scammer I would not have bothered.

But as you can see from my subsequent post, this is just a seller who unfortunately jumped in to selling without really understanding how it works.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply