cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 sales over last 2 days - no notifications from ebay or paypal.

What the heck?
Am I the only one no longer getting emails when they sell something?

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: 9 sales over last 2 days - no notifications from ebay or paypal.

I don't carry a phone.
Message 31 of 40
latest reply

Well, turns out it was SBCGlobal email at fault.  AT&T did something to cause that email address to stop working.  Finally got everything working after changing email address and user name with ebay, deleting that address from paypal, and changing the payment email address in all my listings (hooray for bulk editing).

Message 32 of 40
latest reply

@chrysylys wrote:

I almost think that whenever a seller has active listings, there should be a 'keep alive' cookie of some sort that requires a seller to check their Dashboard at last once a day.  Think of it as a operator presence switch  -- it has to be clicked every so often  or an alert goes out.  It would have to be rigged so that no third party tools could by pass it; you would have to do it from within the Dashboard only - which simply logging in would accomplish.  If you didn't check in for something like three days, your listings would be hidden.

Really? God forbid a seller actually have a life, right?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 33 of 40
latest reply

@gmautocityparts wrote:

Does no one here use the phone app and get notifications on when things sell?

I get the Ka-ching on my main ID but can only have one ID logged in to the app (unfortunately)

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 34 of 40
latest reply

I was going to comment on your earlier post where you said Sbcglobal email addresses were changing somehow, and didn't but will now.

Unless Verizon is outright lying (totally possible), Sbcglobal and other legacy AT&T/Pacbell email addresses that AT&T foisted off on Yahoo years ago to manage, and now are now Verizon (which absorbed Yahoo ) are around for the foreseeable future.

I have had no issues with my half dozen of them.
Message 35 of 40
latest reply

@ramonv-majorleaguepins wrote:

Well, turns out it was SBCGlobal email at fault.  AT&T did something to cause that email address to stop working.  Finally got everything working after changing email address and user name with ebay, deleting that address from paypal, and changing the payment email address in all my listings (hooray for bulk editing).

Glad it's all straightened out for you, OP!

Message 36 of 40
latest reply

Well, my SBCGlobal address is not receiving any email at all. Of course, there seems to be no way to disconnect it from my Yahoo account, but it is simply not working, no matter how I try to log in. I don't use Verizon. Do you? Maybe that's why you don't have a problem? I don't know. I was told changes were coming in February, but then in December, my SBC email stopped working. And Yahoo mail is a mess these days. I wish they never took over Rocketmail.
Message 37 of 40
latest reply

OP, you might not know this, but you don't choose your own original post as the solution.  You need to choose one of the responses you received from other posters as the solution.

Sorry, that is just how it works.  

Message 38 of 40
latest reply

You're not understanding the Sbcglobal, Yahoo, and Verizon relationships.

An Sbcglobal email address is no longer really an AT&T email address and hasn't been for 10 years. AT&T got lazy, shut down their email servers, and pawned all the Sbcglobal, Pacbell, SWBell, and other legacy addresses off onto Yahoo to manage. Those addresses became Yahoo email addresses just like Rocketmail, and others like that. Hosted on Yahoo servers, and for all intents and purposes no different from a foobar@yahoo.com email address. I think AT&T retained the trademarks, rights etc to the Sbcglobal domain and other legacy email domains and considers them AT&T email addresses, but the addresses behave like Yahoo addresses. (I don't know what their contract is or entails with Yahoo),

You may still use your Sbcglobal email address to manage an AT&T account, but it isn't an AT&T email any longer in same sense it was years ago. (AT&T may provide some measure of co-support for those email addresses if you are an AT&T customer with an account linked to a legacy Sbcglobal address - which I no longer am except for a legacy ATT.net account)

You can't disconnect the Sbcglobal address it from your Yahoo account - it is a Yahoo managed and supported email now and has been for quite a while.

And yes, you are now a Verizon user. Verizon bought the wreckage of Yahoo in 2017, so they are now your Sbcglobal email address provider, although they are retaining the Yahoo branding under an new entity called Oath that is an amalgam of Yahoo and AOL.

That your Sbcglobal email address is broken has nothing to do with this unless your account got lost in a shuffle somehow. I have noted zero differences in my half dozen Sbcglobal accounts since the Verizon takeover (except possibly a slowdown in server response times that might be coincidental). AT&T and Yahoo has sent me emails saying there will be no changes or loss of email service due to the changes of ownership.

My primary email address is an Sbcglobal address, works fine, and has for 13 years.

How do you access the Sbcglobal emails? Through the Yahoo web interface, through a desktop email client like Outlook via POP3/IMAP, or on a Phone via IMAP? Have you checked using other methods to see if it actually is working, but say for instance, your iPhone is no longer connecting properly and that's why it appears to be broken?

(If you want some help trying to puzzle out what might be wrong with your Sbcglobal email address PM me and we can try a few send tests.)
Message 39 of 40
latest reply

@ramonv-majorleaguepins wrote:
I have no use for the dashboard.
I have my Awaiting Shipment page bookmarked.
But my point is also that ebay doesn't provide any links that are useful. You have to bookmark them yourself.

The overview page on the dashboard has 100's of useful links.  It is basically one click away and easier than saving a link to a bookmark folder.

Not making an sense in this thread?

Good Luck Selling!

Message 40 of 40
latest reply