cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 sales over last 2 days - no notifications from ebay or paypal.

What the heck?
Am I the only one no longer getting emails when they sell something?

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: 9 sales over last 2 days - no notifications from ebay or paypal.

emails are much faster than going to ebay. No sense going to ebay if you have no sales.
I rely on the emails to let me know something has sold. I am now getting those emails, after changing email address and ebay name, but I still get nothing from paypal. Still trying to figure out how to fix that. I think payments are going to old SBC email address, and I can't find how to change that. Ebay Help pages are no help.
Message 16 of 40
latest reply

9 in 2 days is pretty good for me, for December, which is historically my slow time.
Message 17 of 40
latest reply

>>I NEVER go to my dashboard. They make it too difficult to get to

One click on a toolbar bookmark is an unacceptable hardship?
Message 18 of 40
latest reply

I almost think that whenever a seller has active listings, there should be a 'keep alive' cookie of some sort that requires a seller to check their Dashboard at last once a day.  Think of it as a operator presence switch  -- it has to be clicked every so often  or an alert goes out.  It would have to be rigged so that no third party tools could by pass it; you would have to do it from within the Dashboard only - which simply logging in would accomplish.  If you didn't check in for something like three days, your listings would be hidden.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 19 of 40
latest reply

I have no use for the dashboard.
I have my Awaiting Shipment page bookmarked.
But my point is also that ebay doesn't provide any links that are useful. You have to bookmark them yourself.
Message 20 of 40
latest reply

But I NEVER go to my dashboard. Something like that would make me leave ebay. I will decide which pages I visit. If ebay really wanted people to visit their dashboards, they'd provide a link to it on every page, rather than the useless links they do provide. I still wouldn't visit it, but it would be easier for those that do.
Message 21 of 40
latest reply

It is a MUST for EVERY seller to check their own Ebay pages daily. Never rely on emails, messages or word of mouth.

Message 22 of 40
latest reply

@ramonv-majorleaguepins wrote:
Most people don't have time for that. I rely on the emails. I have received none from ebay or paypal since the 21st.

@ramonv-majorleaguepins

It takes less than 2 minutes to check. If you do not have time for that it may be best to not list here. It is a MUST for sellers to find the time for every aspect of selling on Ebay.

Message 23 of 40
latest reply

I rely on emails, mostly. Not a MUST for sellers to find the time for every aspect of selling on Ebay. I check my emails, and if something sold, I check my Awaiting Shipment page, and print packing slips and labels. No need to ever go to the dashboard. Once in a while, I check the Awaiting Payment page, and send an invoice, if someone hasn't paid yet. I leave feedback maybe once a month, as time allows. I'd stop, but people keep asking for it, for some reason.
Sold over $80k worth of $5-$10 items last year, and that number goes up each and every year, so I think I've got this figured out.
Message 24 of 40
latest reply

@kathieskorner wrote:

Since no one else seems to be having the problem - it is more likely your email service provider and not ebay and paypal which no longer are joined at the hip anyway. 

Actually the OP may not be the only one with this issue as I have read other threads ands posts by sellers about this.  OP,  you can call CS and report it, or just post your OP on the Tech issues Board as Ebay employees monitor that.

Message 25 of 40
latest reply

Does no one here use the phone app and get notifications on when things sell?

Message 26 of 40
latest reply

@ramonv-majorleaguepins wrote:
9 in 2 days is pretty good for me, for December, which is historically my slow time.

and in no way were you concerned that maybe, just maybe you made a sale?

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 27 of 40
latest reply

@gmautocityparts wrote:

Does no one here use the phone app and get notifications on when things sell?

I don't use the phone app but I do have Seller Hub bookmarked on my phone and I check it a few times a day.  If there's a little orange number by the bell, I know I made a sale.

Message 28 of 40
latest reply

Not me. That would be so annoying, if I used a cell phone.
Message 29 of 40
latest reply

Nope. Busy with other things. Thanks to weekend/holiday, everything still shipped on time.
Message 30 of 40
latest reply