cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4th quarter 2021 in a nutshell

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Navigating-the-Hard-to-Find-Holiday-Season/ba-p/32411929

Given the negative impact (so far) of the recent update on 4th quarter 2021 this is possibly the most ironic announcement title in the history of eBay.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I would type moronic vs ironic.....

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

I was being kind. 😈

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Subliminal Message all the way!

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

eBay made the online "treasure hunt" experience more realistic by burying our listings.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Blah Blah Blah Same old Same old.  Yeah, I would buy a Rolex on Ebay and then go have my head examined

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@fromnorth2south  "eBay made the online "treasure hunt" experience more realistic by burying our listings."

OMG you're killing me here...Dying from laughing so hard! Next I'll be crying because it's so true - sales have totally tanked. Been selling since 2013 and this is the worst October in my history. Okay, starting to choke up now...

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@katzrul15   "I would type moronic vs ironic....."

HaHaHaHaHaHa ME TOO!!!

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@bauble-babes 

We can all use a little laughter right now.

I empathize regarding your October sales:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Updates-are-happening-to-some-item-specifics-and-category/m-p/...

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

"Subliminal"?  I don't think so: Pretty spot-on!  They see it, too, which is shameful.  So it IS on purpose!  I never would've guessed...Tough town this ebay.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

@luxgoods wrote:

Blah Blah Blah Same old Same old.  Yeah, I would buy a Rolex on Ebay and then go have my head examined

You can't afford it, you only have $0.80c LOL

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 11 of 20
latest reply

@fromnorth2south wrote:

I was being kind. 😈

YES, you were!   LOL  😁

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

Aside from the  typically tone deaf title, I agree with much of the information---I think more buyers than ever will be buying used, vintage, reconditioned, etc....both as gifts and for themselves. But eBay isn't the only place to buy this sort of stuff. Jordan closes with:

"... this is eBay’s core strength - a marketplace powered by millions of sellers with a distributed supply chain that ensures eBay is THE destination for the unique, the rare, the coveted, and the hard to find. 

We will continue to work hard and build this momentum,..."

Well, Jordan, on behalf of many of those millions of sellers, I'd like to ask: what kind of advertising will you be doing to "ensure" that ebay is THE destination for this stuff?  I'm not talking about sneakers, or luxury watches and handbags, or any of the other verticals you guys relentlessly hype. I'm talking about all the other stuff that is here, waiting for those buyers to arrive and (hopefully) find.

Halloween is this weekend. Thanksgiving and Black Friday are just weeks away....and most everyone acknowledges that many buyers are starting even earlier than usual....ebay yesterday announced an increase in stock buy backs....so I'm thinking ebay has some money to spend...how about spending some of  it on marketing to "ensure" that we sellers get sales that prove ebay is THE destination for our stuff?

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Aside from the  typically tone deaf title, I agree with much of the information---I think more buyers than ever will be buying used, vintage, reconditioned, etc....both as gifts and for themselves. But eBay isn't the only place to buy this sort of stuff. Jordan closes with:

"... this is eBay’s core strength - a marketplace powered by millions of sellers with a distributed supply chain that ensures eBay is THE destination for the unique, the rare, the coveted, and the hard to find. 

We will continue to work hard and build this momentum,..."

Well, Jordan, on behalf of many of those millions of sellers, I'd like to ask: what kind of advertising will you be doing to "ensure" that ebay is THE destination for this stuff?  I'm not talking about sneakers, or luxury watches and handbags, or any of the other verticals you guys relentlessly hype. I'm talking about all the other stuff that is here, waiting for those buyers to arrive and (hopefully) find.

Halloween is this weekend. Thanksgiving and Black Friday are just weeks away....and most everyone acknowledges that many buyers are starting even earlier than usual....ebay yesterday announced an increase in stock buy backs....so I'm thinking ebay has some money to spend...how about spending some of  it on marketing to "ensure" that we sellers get sales that prove ebay is THE destination for our stuff?

Would LOVE to see an answer to this.  (won't hear anything but crickets from e-Bay land), but as Sellers - WE SHOULD have answers to questions like these.  And soon.

(Except honestly, it is 10-28 and I think it is already too late from a marketing campaign perspective.  Way too late)

Posting ID Only.......
Message 15 of 20
latest reply