cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 months into GTC. What's your experience now?

For me, sales have been markedly down, but oddly enough some of my oldest listings have sold.

I've only had 38 sales since March 18, but 17 have been sitting around for quite a bit 

Dates initially listed, and none were GTC before the change:

9/2012 

10/2014, 11/2014, 11/2014, 12/2014

6/2015, 7/2015, 11/2015

4/2016, 6/2016

2/2017, 3/2017

1/2018, 1/2018, 2/2018, 5/2018, 12/2018

I'm quite happy that the old stuff is moving but wish it wasn't so slow that I couldn't compile this list quite easily lol 😃

For the cynical or curious who are wondering why I kept some of the things around so long?   It totaled $432 in sales (without shipping), and they are smalls

- Suzanne -
Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Sales declining,  trying to list more as auctions.  Lost $$ with relists on small items that I miss the cancel deadline.  I hate GTC.  I think it makes buyers procrastinate on purchasing believing the item will be around for a long time with no end date.

Your sales of $432 are nice but what is actual profit with relist fees for so long?

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

I have no issue with the GTC. Which is not what I originally thought was going to be the case.

I also have had older items sell. 

I manage my listings different with GTC. Some I let roll over and some I cancel and relist later.

It is a little more time everyday but not really a big ordeal. 

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 3 of 32
latest reply

Sales are definitely down even tho I have twice as many things listed due to the free 500 item promos I've received 3 months in a row. I am holding my own as sales on the other 2 sites I moved items to have increased and I'm getting more money for the items and paying less FVFs.

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

I have a couple selling accounts, and have always used my 50 free insertions plus any free insertion specials that come along.

I list the 50 free insertions as GTC using items that I want to have rolling over from month to month. For the free insertions specials, I decided to list 7 day auctions instead of having to babysit GTC listings and remember to end them. I start my auctions at about 10%-15% below my old fixed price and put a BIN at 30% over that.

Surprisingly, my sales are essentially unchanged from what they were before GTC was mandated.

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

Down 70%.

We've seen decline since 3 months ago.

Worst I've seen. 

Only scammers are thriving. They have unlimited markup.

We are shutting our doors down on business pretty much. But we trying leave listings up to see if anything changes. We did a lot of changes and attempted promoting. Does nothing. 

We sell computers.

I saw scammer that sold 25 units in one day but I think they are using a bot to buy it.

They false advertise saying its new when its 9 year old machine placed into a new box. They aren't receiving negative feedback..   Then advertise 10 Cores but it's a 4 Core System.   

Some Scammers have lasted 2 Years + which is beyond my understanding...  They hardly would last a few months...

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

I always used GTC so no changes here. Sales are mostly the same, month over month. Retail is just a weird beast. Sales were SLOW May 17th thru the 27th and on the 28th, the spigot was turned back on and steady until today across both accounts. No sales today as of this writing on eBay or elsewhere.  Go figure.  

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

Duplicate post deleted

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

@back40jyd wrote:

Sales declining,  trying to list more as auctions.  Lost $$ with relists on small items that I miss the cancel deadline.  I hate GTC.  I think it makes buyers procrastinate on purchasing believing the item will be around for a long time with no end date.

Your sales of $432 are nice but what is actual profit with relist fees for so long?

I have a premium store, and I never hit 1,000 but needed on average about 350-400, so that level made sense.  Thus those shelf-sitters are simply extras and cost me nothing.

As I'm being much more selective and honing my listings, I'm aiming for a Basic Store as soon as my yearly is up this September - unless some miracle happens and sales skyrocket.

- Suzanne -
Message 9 of 32
latest reply

We were always GTC, so it is hard for us to feel the difference.
Sales are stable. However, we do upload items all the time, meaning we should get more sales. So maybe the recent changes in ebay is balancing with us uploading new products.
Message 10 of 32
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

Sales are definitely down even tho I have twice as many things listed due to the free 500 item promos I've received 3 months in a row. I am holding my own as sales on the other 2 sites I moved items to have increased and I'm getting more money for the items and paying less FVFs.

That sounds very much like the new venue I just  joined today.   I think we pay a flat 10 %  out of each item  sold   but there are no additional fees . Tulips 

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

I have moved on to greener pastures. 

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

Everything pretty much the same as always.  I don't use FP as much, converted most to Auctions with higher BINs and people are still buying.

I generally sell one-of-a-kind things.

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure did not help sales, over 15 days no sales very little views, Getting worse by the day.....

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

If your sold page is accurate, it looks like they turned you off the end of May!

When I get a long dry spell, I list a few more things and that seems to jiggle something.  Sometimes new and old listings will sell then.

Message 15 of 32
latest reply