cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 day Payout total $$$ compared to sales/shipping/taxes/fees doesnt add up? What am I missing?

Been watching my 'payouts' for a while now since joining the quick payout schedule or whatever its called?...The last few days just struck me odd...Well, this has actually happened before, but I just didn't dig this deep into it..I know there's a small fee for the fast payout, but that is minimal for these 3 days...Like $3 or $4 dollars total..I'm on the 'daily' payout schedule.

Total gross sales for these 3 days>> $424...Minus $26 in collected 'taxes'...Then minus 'selling costs', which INCLUDE 'ebay fees', ebay FVFs & 'shipping labels'...I had a 'credit' on this invoice from a return, that I received a FVF credit after its return...So my 'actual selling costs' SHOULD HAVE BEEN right at $102 for these 3 days, but ended up being only $62 with the ($41)fvf credit, otherwise my 'payout' would have been even LOWER at only $188...if my math is correct?

So 3 day total gross sales $424 - $26(tax collected) - $62(FVF/shipping labels) = $336

Net sales>>$336 after (tax/ebay fees/shipping labels)

My 'payout' for those 3 days was ONLY $229???

$336(net) - $229(payout) = apx. $107 <----------<<<

Where did the $107 dollars go? What am I missing???

Now lets act like the $41 'credit' wasn't included in 'selling costs'
So, 'actual payout' SHOULD HAVE BEEN ONLY $188 (without the $41 credit)

$424(gross) - $26(shipping labels) - $102(ebay fees/FVF/ship labels) = 296(net)

$296(net) - $188(actual payout without $41 credit) = apx. $108 that is missing from net total

Like I said before, what am I missing? Give or take a dollar on my rounded up or down math

The credited $41 fees came from a seat that was returned during the 3 day period, that I refunded the customer, directly from my bank acct, so that refund doesn't apply here, except for the 'credit' from the FVfees...So in all reality, I am missing $107-$108 minus the $4(1 day payout fees) = $104 TOTAL MISSING from one day 'payouts' on 3 days of tracked sales... 🤔  I've been noticing for a while now, that the 'numbers' are not adding up...I'm no accountant by any means, but these irregularities seem to keep happening more frequent.

I had a single $440+ sale the very next day after these 3 days mentioned...I will track it's payout to see how it compares...only one item soldCapturerihrhgt.PNG that day, so it shouldn't be too difficult...thanks

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

3 day Payout total $$$ compared to sales/shipping/taxes/fees doesnt add up? What am I missing?

Instead of looking at that page, have you reviewed all the numbers on this page?

https://www.ebay.com/mes/transactionlist?sh=true

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I shouldnt have to break down each item sold, per the 3 days, to verify the amounts...like I said, I'm no accountant...but the 'report' has everything listed for each day summarized...simple math. What else is there beside Taxes, Ebay fees, Ebay final value fees & shipping costs???? The link you provided makes it even harder for the average ebay joe to understand...or lose their way and just give up on finding where the $$$ actually went...I'm no newbie...the numbers just dont add up and I almost feel like trying to find out is getting me nowhere...Ive wasted at least 3 or 4 hours going over those numbers to try and find the missing $107 to no avail...I'll just wait on the numbers on the $450+ sale...that payout should come tomorrow...lets see if the 'trend' continues...🤔

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

You never said there was going to be math on this quiz.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

went and looked at the 22nd...no sales on the 23rd...one the 22nd, the payout was $26 over the $215(net sales) for the 22nd...so, $107 minus $26 (overage) = $81 still missing???...unless it gets 'added' onto payout that I get tomorrow from the $450 sale...or its just gone POOFCapturebhbhgfj.PNG

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Why are you doing it by days? Do it by transaction. Some payments maybe still processing and not available for pay out.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Each "Payout" has their own 'detail' page to itemize and show you what the "Payout" consists of....(credits, fees, debits, funds processed, etc....)

Its all right there for the 229.00 payout

Just click the Payout ID on the line with the 229.00

https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin/payouts

!ebay-payout-id-page.jpg

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@humminbird-heaven 

Perhaps this would help narrow it down:

https://www.ebay.com/mes/transactionlist?sh=true

Go by your line by line transaction.  This is the most accurate way (for me) to keep track of what's what.

This ignores what you have pending though.  You get the straight total here, all your costs that came out of your sales.  Taxes collected by eBay WON'T show here, as they shouldn't.  But you can look at every single transaction here in detail as well.

gator08041971_0-1714346178642.png

The lines that start with black, are items that sold.  Those in red represent fees and shipping costs (shipping costs are on their own line, fees are on the same line as the deposits) Any payouts will also show here.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thank you for this...another addition I have not seen yet...That will help a bunch to run the numbers! Thanks again! 👍

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@humminbird-heaven 

I guess I simply don't use the daily reports myself.  I actually track the eBay sales within my Quicken program.  So I track all the amounts there.  And I go by the information that is found under that transaction list. It can look daunting at first, but it will show every transaction that affects you.  Note, it never includes the tax collected, so you don't have to track that.  But it shows every sale deposit, every eBay fee, every shipping label and every payout.  Tracks all your funds even if they are still pending and not available for payout yet.

Mine is set to pay out once a week which is fine for me.  But many have it pay out every day, some do it once or twice a month.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 10 of 10
latest reply