cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022: last year on ebay or not?

I'm going to be 60 this year and I am questioning many things about life, both work and otherwise.  There are so many things I want to change, like emptying my storage unit (huge job) and setting some hard parameters for returning to work at my main library commission this Summer. But the big one is:  does it make sense to stay on ebay when I am never going to make much more than I do now, and it's not good money considering the work (and weight of many boxes of mail)?

It's not that I hate Ebay. Despite everything I like selling here, it's warmer and more diverse than Amazon which has all the warmth of a vacation in Antarctica. But I make more "over there" and might make a lot more if I took my ebay time and used it to just list on Amazon like my friend does - the woman who works a few hours a day at her business and shakes her  head over my hours. Whose mail is a tub or two of bubble mailers, not U-carts of boxes like I take to the P.O. most days of the week.

I'll make less money if I quit ebay but I'm not "paying the mortgage" anyway and my investments make me a huge amount more than I  ever make selling online. 

So maybe it boils down to: make less money but take the time saved and go lie on the beach, so to speak?

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

I read a book last night so there is hope. Maybe I am reaching a point of thinking it's not necessary to work so much? Who really cares. Our accountant barely notices my business income when doing our taxes, it's obliterated by my husband's salary and bonus and brokerage reports. That makes me feel special.

Message 61 of 64
latest reply

@keziak wrote:

Hubby says I'm a hoarder. Could it be? I am really really doing better with the constant Facebook buying.

It can definitely be an addiction.

Message 62 of 64
latest reply

@flyandance wrote:

If you can make money, then stay. If you don't need the money, I can always have good use of extra or simply donate some to some very poor people in Africa or something. People are starving everywhere now a day. 

Donate locally. Nearly 38 million people live in poverty in the United States.

Message 63 of 64
latest reply

@keziak wrote:

I read a book last night so there is hope. Maybe I am reaching a point of thinking it's not necessary to work so much? Who really cares. Our accountant barely notices my business income when doing our taxes, it's obliterated by my husband's salary and bonus and brokerage reports. That makes me feel special.

Mean this sincerely and not with malice:  You and your therapist REALLY need to work on find ways for you to feel good about WHO you are, not WHAT you are.  You will be happier with yourself and less dependent on others to validate you.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 64 of 64
latest reply