cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20% off coupon Today - Let your buyers know!

All,

I thought I would let you know that from 8-8 Pacific time we are having a 20% off coupon - let you buyers know AND do some shopping yourselves - it's a great offer 

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0309/7020.html

Join us at eBay Open this September! eBay.com/ebayopen
Message 1 of 128
latest reply
127 REPLIES 127

@lookng2015wrote:
Is it just me, or do some of the blues seem a little shall we say, testy, lately?

Sometimes I can't blame them ... nothing works right anymore here, and obviously they have to stick to a script as to why or why not.

Uh... coupons only work if you have customers and sales?

Shouldnt EBAY be sending the customers/buyers the mass email recommending they buy from us now?

Call me crazy!

Message 122 of 128
latest reply

@jerzee908wrote:

I have a bit of a problem with advertising on social media........

I don't have a personal social media myself, but we do have a social media page for our shop that we sell parts out of here on ebay.  The people that "like" our page live in proximity to our shop.  If we list items for sale on our social media page, it is usually parts cars and very large parts that we wouldn't think about selling on ebay.  If we provided links on our social media page like you are suggesting, wouldn't that be considered trying to make a sale off ebay?  Again, everyone liking our page lives in proximity to our shop.........  We currently don't provide ebay links on our social media page for fear of getting kicked off ebay.

If you're posting stuff on your social media, then that has nothing to do with ebay, or sales off ebay. They are just sales, that have nothing to do with ebay.

And it's funny that they want US to advertise for THEM. We pay 10% fees, so that they advertise for us. They want us, to spend our time and money, posting on OUR social media, to direct them to THEIR site, so that they can get paid for doing absolutely nothing? HA. 

Message 123 of 128
latest reply

Afternoon,

Good Point....from this post encouraging us to contact OUR customers...does that mean Ebay thinks they are OUR customers now rather than their's...or are they just ours when we have to do the work for ebay?

Mr C

Message 124 of 128
latest reply

I hadn't really seen any of the staff posting, just Brian's pinned and floating notice. At the time, I thought it interesting that it was 41 minutes and some odd seconds after your thread.

And, as far as policies, I think the main one that might irritate sellers would be regarding the 'communication about promo' vs 'off-site selling offer' and, as for them telling everyone to make sure to let their buyers know, as I think the blues understand very well how it works and how it is/has been taken by sellers (this IS the Communication Team of which we are speaking, isn't it?).
Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 125 of 128
latest reply

So many in corporations believe the reports they get showing that the rollout is ahead of schedule and the new program is absolutely amazing. People LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Then they come talk to the people that have to use it, and they all flat out hate it.

I'm sure the stuffed shirts have all heard how amazing everything is using the bots, how off eBay transactions are way down and nobody is being adversely effected.

If only the execs would come slum it with the sellers.....

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 126 of 128
latest reply

I don't think it's weird.  It's par for the course for internet conglomerates.  They love when their customers do all the work. Saves them lots of moola. 

What I find incredibly different about corporations like eBay is how little regard they have for their big money-makers:  The sellers which turn their own product into gold for eBay.  They slaughter them with the same haste as a never-seller buyer with a few feedback.  It's astounding.   I can only blame it on bots - which of course, is blame on eBay.  I cannot see how human folks could see that as enterprising.  

Even my telecom provider respects me for my longevity and how much money I pay to them. 

I have paid eBay $200k plus in 11 years as a seller - let alone the money they make from me as a buyer - and they are content with sticking my head in the guillotine as they wish. 

Message 127 of 128
latest reply

brian_burke@ebaywrote:

All,

Sorry I dropped after posting this, but I wanted to get the word out - I then drove 4 hours to spend a weekend in Connecticut with my aunt and cousins - and disconnected.

I'm surprised a bit a some of the reaction to my post. I posted this elsewhere through other social channels and received a positive response - I was really just trying to share with you a very good promo.

Regarding SPAM - I never said to violate any policy, I only said to let your buyers know. Many store sellers have lists of buyers that they can communicate with. Many of you have social networks that you can post this to (FB, Instagram, etc.) without violating any their policies. 

For those afraid to use the eBay messaging system, I'm not sure how sending an email asking a buyer to come back to eBay and save 20% is considered taking a buyer off eBay. 

I'm glad some of you were able to take advantage of the promo and for those that experienced an issue, please reach out to our customer support team. 

And, I don't know if we are planning to do another one of these. But if we do and I receive it to push through my social channels I will post again to the Seller board.

Thanks for selling on eBay.

Brian

Sorry for the late reply. I had to be away for a few days. The promo was fantastic and led to some great sales. Every customer I let know about the promotion thanked me.  Who would complain about getting notice about saving some money, especially when they've had their eye on something? I sure hope you do more of these promo's. It really helped me.

Thanks so much.

Message 128 of 128
latest reply