cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20% off coupon Today - Let your buyers know!

All,

I thought I would let you know that from 8-8 Pacific time we are having a 20% off coupon - let you buyers know AND do some shopping yourselves - it's a great offer 

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0309/7020.html

Join us at eBay Open this September! eBay.com/ebayopen
Message 1 of 128
latest reply
127 REPLIES 127

And just how do you suggest we "let our buyers know" when eBay has done everything in it's power lately to discourage communication?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 2 of 128
latest reply

@lookng2015- same question here! A couple of hours ago I messaged two potential buyers who'd asked questions about listings during the past week, but frankly, I had trepidation about doing so. Each message said that I won't message them again if I don't hear back from them, but I just wanted to be sure they're aware of a one-day-only coupon code. I also told them it'll apply to all items they put in their carts, from any seller. I figure that even if I don't benefit from sharing the info, hopefully someone will. If either of them complains, or I get spanked by an eBay bot....I'll be looking to Brian to bail me out!

Message 3 of 128
latest reply

brian_burke@ebay

I would hope that ebay would send a message to those buyers who have my items in their shopping cart. Maybe that would be a good nudge rather than me lowering prices.

Message 4 of 128
latest reply

brian_burke@ebaywrote:

All,

I thought I would let you know that from 8-8 Pacific time we are having a 20% off coupon - let you buyers know AND do some shopping yourselves - it's a great offer 

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0309/7020.html

So why hasn’t ebay sent emails to everyone about the promotion it's foolish to expect the sellers to email all our past customers about the promotion and even if we did ebay would most likely shut down our account.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. Thomas Edison
Message 5 of 128
latest reply

Store owners can send newsletters, right?

Are store edits real time?  Is there a way to put up a header?

Can single non-store listings have a header added to promote this?  Or is that not allowed?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 6 of 128
latest reply

brian_burke@ebaywrote:

All,

One question.  Details include:

"Coupon can be used once within a single transaction (or cart), while supplies last."

Supplies of what?  Is there a total bulk limit available?  Could the promo be cancelled early if too many partake and the aggregate cost to the company gets too high?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 7 of 128
latest reply

Exactly - supplies of the cash they're willing to expend on this promo

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 128
latest reply

When you log on to ebay main page, the coupon is right there.

Not sure about anyone else, but before I shop I try to make sure I am aware of every discount possible I can take advantage of.  

Message 9 of 128
latest reply

I thought sellers were not supposed to send unsolicited

messages to buyers because it's considered Spam.

Have the rules changed ?

Message 10 of 128
latest reply

I always ignore those because every time I've bit, the promo is limited to these 6 sellers or only good on garbage I don't need.

The ONLY REASON I knew about this today, and bought, was because I saw it here and then went and read the promo. eBay has cried wolf so many times and I just don't look anymore.

But since I knew from others here, I just saved $31.79 and bought 3 things off my watch list. 

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 11 of 128
latest reply

question. I paid, doublechecking that I was going to be charged right, then went to my purchase history and all of the item showed pending for payment?

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 12 of 128
latest reply

probably the only reason I had a sale today, could you do that every day? thanks for dipping into that big sack of money you have from all my store fee's and comish's.....thank you
Message 13 of 128
latest reply

@jason_incognitowrote:

question. I paid, doublechecking that I was going to be charged right, then went to my purchase history and all of the item showed pending for payment?

@jason_incognito

Interesting.  My purchase shows paid, and I already received confirmation that the item has shipped and have the Tracking #.    But, I just bought one item from one seller.  If you purchased from more than one seller, maybe it shows "pending" as all sellers have not yet "processed" your purchase/payment for all the items that were in your cart?   Just throwing that out there...

Message 14 of 128
latest reply

@hollysfindswrote:

I thought sellers were not supposed to send unsolicited

messages to buyers because it's considered Spam.

Have the rules changed ?

Not to my knowledge. Maybe brian_burke@ebay can explain why it wouldn't be spam.

Message 15 of 128
latest reply