cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100% chance its a DNP, right?

Who wants to bet that someone who opened an account on the same day they won my auction for a video camera doesn't pay for it? One day left. Yes, I will make sure they get reported and hope I can get a 2nd chance sale. Merry Christmas folks!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: 100% chance its a DNP, right?

By "make sure they get reported", I hope you mean you'll cancel citing, "Didn't pay". It's the least you can do to give to the most sellers this holiday season. Merry Christmas to you, too!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Do you have the autopay feature enabled on your account? 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

No, i would not say there is a 100% chance of a non-payer. It is also possible the new buyer specifically opened an account to buy your widget.

Anticipating a negative outcome is not the same as having one. If we do not welcome new buyers, but hold them all in suspicion, how does that further the goal of having  a successful sale? It could instead discourage a buyer from completing it.

If non-payment is a serious issue for what you sell, there is always fixed price with Immediate Payment Required.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Yes, thats what I meant. I've had these before, but not from an account less than 24 hours old.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Right! Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping that I'm wrong and they pay by tomorrow, but I had several bidders and may miss a chance at the 2nd chance thing. 

Yes, I have BIN requiring immediate payment, but this was an auction as these will get multiple bids. I wish new buyers could be "preapproved", so to speak, before being able to bid on anything.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@antflan77 wrote:

Right! Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping that I'm wrong and they pay by tomorrow, but I had several bidders and may miss a chance at the 2nd chance thing. 

Yes, I have BIN requiring immediate payment, but this was an auction as these will get multiple bids. I wish new buyers could be "preapproved", so to speak, before being able to bid on anything.

Try this:...

On the Buyer Management page
https://www.ebay.com/bmgt/buyerrequirements

Scroll down to the bottom and there is a section:
Buyer Payment Requirements

There is a checkbox for: Require buyers to provide payment method before they make an offer – tick that box and pretty sure there is now the option for bidding as well??

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Was the windshield literally broken during a hailstorm?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Given that it's an auction there is always a 40% chance that the bidder will not bother to return and pay.

If you want to get paid consistently, use Fixed Price/Immediate Payment Required.

Each listing gets four times longer to be viewed and purchased and stays available until someone actually pays.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Given that it's an auction there is always a 40% chance that the bidder will not bother to return and pay.

If you want to get paid consistently, use Fixed Price/Immediate Payment Required.

Each listing gets four times longer to be viewed and purchased and stays available until someone actually pays.

If the seller has the autopay feature enabled on their account that 40% is reduced to almost 0 and the auction becomes pretty much the same as a BIN/IPR. I use the auction format almost exclusively and have almost 0 problems with non-payers even before the autopay process was put into place. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply