cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100% Frustrated - Item Not Rc'd Cases

As "most" people know.. USPS has really failed us this year. 

I've never has this many "Item not received" cases opened at one time.. 

Now these buyers are escalating these cases and within 5 minutes, eBay is deciding in their favor and giving them a full refund!  I'm through the roof with this! I cannot control the post office. My local post office has told me a good 3-4 weeks for delivery b/c of all the delays. (I'm in the Baltimore, MD area).

I don't know what else to do..  

Buyer will get the item.. maybe not today or tomorrow but I 100% shipped it.. SO this mean buyer gets the item for FREE and I loose money!

eBay doesn't seem to be much help in this situation. 

HELP!! 

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: 100% Frustrated - Item Not Rc'd Cases

It looks like you sell higher priced items. On packages 2 pounds or more the rate for FedEx or UPS isn’t that much more than USPS when you print labels from eBay. I would switch to either until things get better at post office.

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Obviously this does not help for your existing cases. But once I started having problems, I closed most of my low value listings, and high value ones get shipped with UPS or Fedex. 

I'd rather make less money right now than deal with all the cases and frustration. 

Also, for the few lower price items that I have shipped with USPS. I am no longer dropping off at the post office. I am handing directly to my mail carrier and asking them to scan on the spot. (Giving them some warm cookies makes the request well received.) Otherwise I was having packages not even get scanned until they get to the destination city.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

IMHO, end all your listings that utilize USPS.  Call eb and ask for a 10 extension on your INR cases that are currently open.  Blows my mind, what little is left, that eb refuses to extend EDD's shown to buyers during these stressful times.  

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

Funny thing is.. When I hand them to my carrier at my house, the scan on the spot and scan a scan sheet/form. Those haven't been updating in the system so I have been taking all my packages to the post office to get scanned while I stand there. I get a receipt and it states on the tracking they accepted it. 

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

I have the same problem. My carrier is really good about scanning everything at pick up (he's an ebay seller too) yet they don't all update in the system. He has no idea why.

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

My carrier won't pick up anything, let alone scan anything on the spot. He hasn't picked up packages since March, he says he's worried about getting covid. But it's ok for him to deliver letters and packages and run around without a mask and gloves. He sucks. There, I said it. When this started I didn't mind dropping off at the post office since they scanned everything right away, but now they don't unless I wait in line (and lately the lines are long) rather than drop them off. (a lot of the times I'd drop them at the carrier annex, they'd scan them there but now not so much)  Right now I have several packages in some degree of limbo, either not scanned or stuck for days in NJ, PA or CA.

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

There is a problem with tracking numbers also. Isn't it? Have Anybody noticed that?

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

numisnorway
Trailblazer

Seems like a bunch of buyers pretend to be stupid on top of it to get freebies.

As an international seller with most of my sales to the US of A i am actually considering blocking 'merica until this blows over.

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

Try Shipping From Another Method. Maybe It Will Give a Solution. 🙂

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

USPS 14,000 workers with COVID 19 , lets be patient , EBAY needs to allow more time for delivery. No one at fault here. Link to article 

USPS Faces Busiest Time of the Year With More Than 14,000 Employees Quarantined
DECEMBER 15, 2020

The U.S. Postal Service is experiencing its busiest period of the year ahead of the holiday season, but it is being forced to do so without all of its normal resources.

More than 14,000 USPS employees are currently quarantining due to potential COVID-19 exposure, according to a recent update provided to the National Association of Letter Carriers, which represents more than 2% of the postal workforce. More than 7,000 employees are currently positive for the novel coronavirus or presumed to be, meaning more than one out of every 100 workers currently has COVID-19. About 23,000 employees have tested positive since the beginning of the pandemic.

The uptick in cases—USPS has seen positive tests skyrocket by 43% in the last month—comes at a difficult time for the mailing agency, which always sees mail and package volume soar in December. Due to restrictions and fears related to the pandemic, Postmaster General Louis DeJoy said he expects record volume this season and increases of more than one-third compared to 2019. The Postal Service’s private sector competitors are overrun, DeJoy added, meaning USPS will get additional overflow.

The postmaster general, who has faced significant criticism during his brief tenure for policies that led directly to mail delays, acknowledged the uptick of coronavirus cases is taking its toll.

“We continue to see high rates of absenteeism in hot spots around the country,” DeJoy said in a video message to employees on Monday. “This has an impact on local and national service performance and it adds stress throughout the workforce.”

DeJoy said USPS has taken steps to “support these areas,” but called on employees to do their part in staying healthy by practicing physical distancing, wearing masks and using hand sanitizer. He noted the Postal Service has brought on 50,000 seasonal employees, as is typical during the holidays. The Postal Service is also delivering packages on Sunday in most regions of the country.

Shortly after his swearing in earlier this year, DeJoy implemented operational changes calling for facilities to slash late and extra mail transportation trips. This led to mail being left behind each day and widespread delays. Federal court orders ultimately forced USPS to walk back those policies, though postal management is currently appealing those injunctions in hopes of reinstating the reforms. The Postal Service has yet to recover from the delays experienced over the summer, and widespread reports indicate customers are increasingly frustrated by slow deliveries.

USPS also saw coronavirus cases impact on-time performance in the run up to the election. The agency experienced further delays during that period, officials said, as they focused so much of their resources on delivering mail-in ballots in a timely fashion.

“While our ongoing commitment is to maintain the highest level of service performance for all mail, we acknowledge that our full focus and prioritization on election ballots is having a near-term impact on the overall on-time performance of other products throughout the network,” Kristin Seaver, chief retail and delivery officer for USPS, told a federal court last month.

The Postal Service issued recommendations this week to customers looking to have packages arrive by Christmas. It suggested Tuesday as the deadline for normal retail packages, Dec. 19 for First-Class mail and packages, and Dec. 19 for Priority Mail. Going forward, DeJoy has promised a suite of new reforms including the need to “modernize retail and processing operations” as part of a strategic plan USPS will release in the coming months. In a more recent discussion with large-scale mailers, DeJoy more explicitly signaled a return to his initiatives from the summer while finding new ways to grow revenue.

https://www.govexec.com/...yees-quarantined/170788/

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

USPS Faces Busiest Time of the Year With More Than 14,000 Employees Quarantined
DECEMBER 15, 2020

The U.S. Postal Service is experiencing its busiest period of the year ahead of the holiday season, but it is being forced to do so without all of its normal resources.

More than 14,000 USPS employees are currently quarantining due to potential COVID-19 exposure, according to a recent update provided to the National Association of Letter Carriers, which represents more than 2% of the postal workforce. More than 7,000 employees are currently positive for the novel coronavirus or presumed to be, meaning more than one out of every 100 workers currently has COVID-19. About 23,000 employees have tested positive since the beginning of the pandemic.

The uptick in cases—USPS has seen positive tests skyrocket by 43% in the last month—comes at a difficult time for the mailing agency, which always sees mail and package volume soar in December. Due to restrictions and fears related to the pandemic, Postmaster General Louis DeJoy said he expects record volume this season and increases of more than one-third compared to 2019. The Postal Service’s private sector competitors are overrun, DeJoy added, meaning USPS will get additional overflow.

The postmaster general, who has faced significant criticism during his brief tenure for policies that led directly to mail delays, acknowledged the uptick of coronavirus cases is taking its toll.

“We continue to see high rates of absenteeism in hot spots around the country,” DeJoy said in a video message to employees on Monday. “This has an impact on local and national service performance and it adds stress throughout the workforce.”

DeJoy said USPS has taken steps to “support these areas,” but called on employees to do their part in staying healthy by practicing physical distancing, wearing masks and using hand sanitizer. He noted the Postal Service has brought on 50,000 seasonal employees, as is typical during the holidays. The Postal Service is also delivering packages on Sunday in most regions of the country.

Shortly after his swearing in earlier this year, DeJoy implemented operational changes calling for facilities to slash late and extra mail transportation trips. This led to mail being left behind each day and widespread delays. Federal court orders ultimately forced USPS to walk back those policies, though postal management is currently appealing those injunctions in hopes of reinstating the reforms. The Postal Service has yet to recover from the delays experienced over the summer, and widespread reports indicate customers are increasingly frustrated by slow deliveries.

USPS also saw coronavirus cases impact on-time performance in the run up to the election. The agency experienced further delays during that period, officials said, as they focused so much of their resources on delivering mail-in ballots in a timely fashion.

“While our ongoing commitment is to maintain the highest level of service performance for all mail, we acknowledge that our full focus and prioritization on election ballots is having a near-term impact on the overall on-time performance of other products throughout the network,” Kristin Seaver, chief retail and delivery officer for USPS, told a federal court last month.

The Postal Service issued recommendations this week to customers looking to have packages arrive by Christmas. It suggested Tuesday as the deadline for normal retail packages, Dec. 19 for First-Class mail and packages, and Dec. 19 for Priority Mail. Going forward, DeJoy has promised a suite of new reforms including the need to “modernize retail and processing operations” as part of a strategic plan USPS will release in the coming months. In a more recent discussion with large-scale mailers, DeJoy more explicitly signaled a return to his initiatives from the summer while finding new ways to grow revenue.

https://www.govexec.com/...yees-quarantined/170788/

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

@rarehorology wrote:

Obviously this does not help for your existing cases. But once I started having problems, I closed most of my low value listings, and high value ones get shipped with UPS or Fedex. 

I'd rather make less money right now than deal with all the cases and frustration. 

Also, for the few lower price items that I have shipped with USPS. I am no longer dropping off at the post office. I am handing directly to my mail carrier and asking them to scan on the spot. (Giving them some warm cookies makes the request well received.) Otherwise I was having packages not even get scanned until they get to the destination city.

^^^^^  This is Good ^^^^^

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

I still have a USPS package shipped Nov 28 that has not arrived......tracking shows it just going back and forth. Since I was scammed from a International buyer that eBay didn't back me on, if I loose $20.00, that's nothing compared to what I was scammed out of. COME ON EBAY, DO YOU JOB. Without sellers, there would be no buyers!

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Bidens first order of business should be to FIRE DeJoy  _ I wont be buying anything on Ebay until the USPS gets its act together - sad but true 

Message 15 of 29
latest reply