Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Tracking

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@srinivasavenkates_0 wrote:

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

Is there a shipping service that I can select that does not require tracking to be uploaded?  40% of my shipments go out USPS First Class LETTER mail.  

@mcdougle4248

Currently there is no shipping service option that you can select in the listing flow which does not require tracking upload. However, when you use a shipping option like 'USPS First Class Letter Mail' which according to USPS is a Standard shipping option that does not offer tracking, you should communicate to your buyers that tracking will not be available for the shipment. This will allow you to set the correct buyer expectations.

The best place to communicate to buyers that tracking is not available is in the item description? or is there a better place?

@mcdougle4248

Item description is the best place to indicate you shipped using 'First Class Letter Mail'  and hence tracking will not be available.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Tracking

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

Will tracking now be required?

@mcdougle4248

Please find the response to your question in the link below

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling-Metrics-Shipping/Beginning-September-2018-False-SNAD-claims-wi...

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Tracking

Is there a shipping service that I can select that does not require tracking to be uploaded?  40% of my shipments go out USPS First Class LETTER mail.  

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Tracking

You can take the time to 'answer' the question - go to this discussion and read it till you find the response at the bottom (as of now the bottom - who knows it a week) - but not the time to just ANSWER the question.

Here, I'll answer it: "Valid tracking information must be uploaded if the buyer selected a tracked shipping service"

Asked and answered in one cut and paste.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Tracking

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@mcdougle4248

Currently there is no shipping service option that you can select in the listing flow which does not require tracking upload. However, when you use a shipping option like 'USPS First Class Letter Mail' which according to USPS is a Standard shipping option that does not offer tracking, you should communicate to your buyers that tracking will not be available for the shipment. This will allow you to set the correct buyer expectations.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Tracking

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@mcdougle4248

The best place to communicate to buyers that tracking is not available is in the item description? or is there a better place?

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Tracking

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@mcdougle4248

@mcdougle4248

Item description is the best place to indicate you shipped using 'First Class Letter Mail'  and hence tracking will not be available.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Tracking

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@mcdougle4248

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling-Metrics-Shipping/Beginning-September-2018-False-SNAD-claims-wi...

so what happens if we do not upload tracking?

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Tracking

@usgamecollector wrote:

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@mcdougle4248

@usgamecollector

I have posted my response on another thread where you had posted this question.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Tracking

@usgamecollector wrote:

@usgamecollector

I have posted my response on another thread where you had posted this question.

I assume the answer you're pointing to is this one (excerpted):

> Not uploading tracking information when the buyer selected a tracked

> shipping service during checkout is a policy violation and it is very

> important to keep this shipping service commitment to buyers to

> minimize chances of claims. 

Ref: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling-Metrics-Shipping/Beginning-September-2018-False-SNAD-claims-wi...

It's a policy violation? Are you quite sure? I know it's a seller benefit to be able to provide tracking info to the buyer (and I do it), but your claim above seems to be taking that to a whole new level.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Tracking

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

mcdougle4248

Srinivasa The USPS   Has  email Track  of  parcels  and  sends out  alert every time  the parcel get's scans  .Which I think is a great tool  to use with buyers . I want to know if there is going to be any issue  if I start requesting   my buyers  email address's from them  , So can have them setup to get the track updates in real time .  which  is great benefit for both seller and buyer ? 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Tracking

@carlmarxx wrote: 
Srinivasa The USPS   Has  email Track  of  parcels  and  sends out  alert every time  the parcel get's scans  .Which I think is a great tool  to use with buyers . I want to know if there is going to be any issue  if I start requesting   my buyers  email address's from them  , So can have them setup to get the track updates in real time .  which  is great benefit for both seller and buyer ? 

Unless or until PayPal changes things, you get the buyer's email address in the payment notification you receive in email. I send the buyer a message after their shipment has already gone out to let them know that the USPS will be sending them tracking updates on their package. The update request is valid for two weeks before it expires, which is usually long enough to cover even international shipments right up to delivery.

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Tracking

Thank you.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply