cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Location Zip Code

"Shipping location zip code

Starting July 31, 2018, you will be required to provide a valid zip code for your item's shipping location when you list. Valid zip codes help us provide your buyers with more accurate delivery estimates."

My location is set to my home address zip code, but I often take my packages to any of 4 nearby USPS locations, each with different zip codes.  If my package is accepted at a different zip code than the one in my listing, will there be any issues?  Thank you.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Starting July 31, 2018, you will be required to provide a valid zip code for your item's shipping location when you list. Valid zip codes help us provide your buyers with more accurate delivery estimates."

What will the sellers in China and India - and other international locations - use for a zipcode?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Good point!
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

According to the update, China & India won't need one.

If the item you're selling is located in multiple locations, outside of US, or you use freight, you will not be required to provide zip codes in your listings.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@tealt wrote:

If the item you're selling is located in multiple locations, outside of US, or you use freight, you will not be required to provide zip codes in your listings.

If the item is shipped to a CA or NJ or TX warehouse - and that zip is used for location, will the seller still have to identify their 'home' location?

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@sarandipitybay wrote:

My location is set to my home address zip code, but I often take my packages to any of 4 nearby USPS locations, each with different zip codes.  If my package is accepted at a different zip code than the one in my listing, will there be any issues?  Thank you.

Thanks for your question. You are ok with providing your business zipcode (home location zipcode) in the listing. Shipping from nearby USPS locations with different zipcodes will not affect your package delivery estimates to the buyers.  As best practice, always provide valid shipping location zipcode in the listing. Valid zip codes help us provide your buyers with more accurate delivery estimates. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@tealt wrote:

If the item is shipped to a CA or NJ or TX warehouse - and that zip is used for location, will the seller still have to identify their 'home' location?

Thanks for your question. If your item is shipping from outside US or is located in multiple warehouses, you will not be required to provide zip code in your listing.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@viv_ahuja1 wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@tealt wrote:

Thanks for your question. If your item is shipping from outside US or is located in multiple warehouses, you will not be required to provide zip code in your listing.

Thank you, but that wasn't the question.  The question was whether the seller still had to provide a 'home' or registered (country) location?

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

"Valid zip codes help us provide your buyers with more accurate delivery estimates.""

Now how is THAT going to work when people like me only sell custom made items with a 15 to 30 day handling time in the first place!
Knowing where the item comes from isn't going to tell them WHEN it will be shipped or how long it will be in transit, most ground shipments only take 2-5 working days ANYWAY. When this becomes policy July 31st that's when I delete my account and content, I'm not putting MY residence zipcode on a world-wide public display page!
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@viv_ahuja1 wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@tealt wrote:

@viv_ahuja1

How will ebay provide buyers with "more accurate delivery estimates" from those international sellers that don't have zipcodes?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@viv_ahuja1 wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@tealt wrote:

Then eBay should require that offshore sellers HAVE to provide a US zipcode for the item location if they CLAIM to be shipping from inside the USA.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@viv_ahuja1 wrote:

@gracieallen01 wrote:

@tealt wrote:

Thank you, but that wasn't the question.  The question was whether the seller still had to provide a 'home' or registered (country) location?

@gracieallen01

You won’t be required to provide your home or registered (country) location if your item will be shipping from a warehouse in US. You can provide the US address and zipcode for the location in the listing.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply