cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ship from zipcode requirement questions

I have a questions about the new ship from zipcode requirement that was not made clear in the update.

My shipping zipcode is accurate and all items are shipped directly from the address on my ebay account and that is the zipcode I plan to use. However, my local post office in my same zipcode is still refusing to scan packages at the counter for me. This means I must go to one of the other postoffices located reasonably close (10min drive) in either direction and I take the packages to either one of two that are near by (depending what part of town I will be going to).

If I use my home zipcode where the label is printed is that sufficient to meet requirement? All 3 postoffices are in the same area with the similar 327** zipcodes indicating they are from the Central FL area.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Ship from zipcode requirement questions

@coinslabz26 wrote:

All 3 postoffices are in the same area with the similar 327** zipcodes indicating they are from the Central FL area.

I'm pretty sure that when the first three digits are the same,  all the ZIP codes are considered to be in the same area.

Somebody needs to read the Riot Act to your uncooperative post office regarding scanning upon Acceptance. The USPS expects it to be done, and if your PO won't cooperate, take your complaint higher up the ladder.

(The general exception to that is that if you're dumping a quantity of packages on them all at once, you should be presenting a SCAN form, so that they only need to scan that form once and return it to you, thus checking in all the packages listed on it at once. Officially you're supposed to present one if you have more than just one package. The reality is that I've seen people bring numerous packages and still get individual scans done on each, as it's only 5-7 seconds per package and you're done in no time.)

Message 2 of 2
latest reply