cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Seller App is Worthless Without a UPC Field

I cannot adequately express how ridiculous it is to have a selling app that does not support all of the required fields.  I was convinced that I had missed the UPC field, so I called CS and the rep confirmed that I am not blind...the eBay app does not have a UPC field. I asked how I was supposed to list with this app that they keep encouraging me to use if it does not support all of the required fields, and she told me that I would have to list everything with the app and then go back to the computer and revise each listing to add the UPC. 

This is unacceptable.   Please fix it, or quit sending me emails about how amazing it would be to list with the app.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I totally agree with you, the apps are useless without the UPC field. 

EBAY ARE YOU LISTENING!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I'm not sure if there are any eBay developers listining in the community forums.. Is there a link inside the app where you can report feedback or issues?

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Was this ever fixed? All posts seem to be old, but I still can't seem to find a place to view or update the UPC (or the even more desirable Internal SKU)  even on existing listings using the app. I'd love to be able to use my tablet or Android phone in the storage warehouse to store and pick items from the shelf using the SKU which we set to include the location.

Isn't the new mandatory UPC date in 2018 getting even closer now?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

How the hell do you take 8 to 10 percent of sales, then change the app so you can't even list. I do 99 percent of my listing from the app. This is going to potential hurt everyone sales that lists a lot seeing how much longer this will take going from app to website. Don't worry I'm sure eBay will still want the 10 percent even if you can't list things. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply