cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using calculated shipping in file exchange for international sellers

@dollybeauty

mykal@ebay

Hello ... I'm posting here my case again as per @dollybeauty

I have been using File Exchange for like years now and all was OK. The ShippingType I have been using is Flat. I used to ship worldwide and include an average shipping rate per kilo within the price of the item and offer free shipping. The net result was I'm getting orders from countries I've never heard of 'cause the shipping rate is kinda acceptable for them.

I wanted to try and use Calculated instead of Flat and make use of Shipping Rate tables inside seller preferences. I've added 2 rate tables for domestic and one for international.

After that I went back to File Exchange Excel file and changed Flat to Calculated and here where the journey started ... Tried all the options with no luck ... Failure after failure in upload results.

When I don't include a value in ShippingService-1:Option it says it is mandatory and when I do it says it is not available. 

I'm an international seller and using (*Action(SiteID=US|Country=JO|Currency=USD|Version=941)) in A1 in the Excel file.

Can international sellers use calculated shipping? Like I said Flat worked just fine for me but I hope I can take it to the next level with Calculated.

As per @dollybeauty reply I can't, as an intenational seller not based in the US, use Calculated, and I think she's correct. I just need more verification so that I stop trying, or switch to the Global program as per her advise althoug I have courier rates way better than the Global program ('cause I do great on Amazon shipping 100 books daily worldwide)

Thanking you all

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Using calculated shipping in file exchange for international sellers

@titanium-jo wrote:

@dollybeauty

mykal@ebay

Hello ... I'm posting here my case again as per @dollybeauty

I have been using File Exchange for like years now and all was OK. The ShippingType I have been using is Flat. I used to ship worldwide and include an average shipping rate per kilo within the price of the item and offer free shipping. The net result was I'm getting orders from countries I've never heard of 'cause the shipping rate is kinda acceptable for them.

I wanted to try and use Calculated instead of Flat and make use of Shipping Rate tables inside seller preferences. I've added 2 rate tables for domestic and one for international.

After that I went back to File Exchange Excel file and changed Flat to Calculated and here where the journey started ... Tried all the options with no luck ... Failure after failure in upload results.

When I don't include a value in ShippingService-1:Option it says it is mandatory and when I do it says it is not available. 

I'm an international seller and using (*Action(SiteID=US|Country=JO|Currency=USD|Version=941)) in A1 in the Excel file.

Can international sellers use calculated shipping? Like I said Flat worked just fine for me but I hope I can take it to the next level with Calculated.

As per @dollybeauty reply I can't, as an intenational seller not based in the US, use Calculated, and I think she's correct. I just need more verification so that I stop trying, or switch to the Global program as per her advise althoug I have courier rates way better than the Global program ('cause I do great on Amazon shipping 100 books daily worldwide)

Thanking you all

@titanium-jo - Thank you for posting on this Community Board thread. @dollybeauty is correct. You won't be able to use Calculated shipping for items that is not located in the US since Calculated shipping requires a postal code for our system to calculate the proper shipping cost for your buyers.

Calculated shipping is also not applicable for Shipping Rate Tables. You would need to use the Flat Rate services for Shipping Rate Table for Domestic and International to be applicable.

New Shipping Rate Table has been implemented. Default is no longer a valid value. The header has also been changed from DomesticRateTable and InternationalRateTable to DomesticRateTableID and InternationalRateTableID. The ID of your rate table can be located on page URL. Look for a 10 digit ID.

Using Business Policies for ShippingProfileName will override your Rate Table headers. But, again. It's not available for Calculated shipping.

Our system will need you to use Flat Rate shipping when items are located outside of the US when you list on eBay US.

Sincerely,

mykal@ebay

eBay Support

Message 2 of 2
latest reply