cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Templates

Hi,

Is there a place or website that I can download csv template for bulk listing? I am having hard time to find one good example. 

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Templates

@akkoem

There are differing rules and data needed for different categories. To just give you an example of a filled csv file, might do you a disservice. You might have more issues than if you just did this the correct way...you know...teach the man to fish.

The following may contain info, that you already know. Others may read this. So I am being as complete as I can for them.

Are you subscribed to FileExchange? To subscribe (free), click the Sign up button on this page - https://www.ebay.com/help/Selling/Selling_Tools/File_Exchange?id=4096

Once you are subscribed, your My eBay, or SellerHub page will have a FileExchange link on the left column (My eBay) or in the Selling Tools section (SellerHub).

Click FileExchange,

Next page...Click FileExchange (under Select template, left column),

Click Select a category (under Item Specifics Category template).

Next page...Now enter the category number in the box next to "Instead of selecting a category from the box, you may enter a category number".

Click the Generate template button,

Next page...Click Item Specifics Category Template.

You will not notice that anything has happened. But go to your download directory, on your hard disk. A file named 'FileExchangeCategoryTemplate.csv' has been downloaded.

Open the file in your prefered spreadsheet program, fill in the data (under each heading), 'Save as' a csv file, then upload to eBay.

Valid values for each column can be found in the AdvancedInstructions - https://ir.ebaystatic.com/pictures/aw/pics/pdf/us/file_exchange/File_Exchange_Advanced_Instructions....

There are examples of csv files found here on this community. I do not show you those, because they have issues of their own, and, in some cases, would violate the other member's privacy. Do not be one of the later...IF you need to publish your csv file here for help, blank out the PayPalEmail field. We do not need that data to help you.

Please feel free to repost with any questions. Besides myself and a few others, there are eBay associates from the Advanced Apps team, that monitor this board. Those associates can look into your upload results file to help. Provide them with the upload results reference number.

For me, I need to see the csv file to help much. You can include a screen shot of the csv file (may need two to see the full file).

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 2
latest reply