cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to 'Create a Copy' drafts

In Seller Hub, after I've created a 'draft', I used to be able to click on the square box to the left of 'Resume draft', then click on the box 'Create a copy', then click 'Copy catalog product information', change the number of copies I wanted, and then 'OK', it would create the number of copies that I wanted.

Now, I'm getting 'Something went wrong. Please try again'. I've been 'trying again' for a few hours...still getting the same error. Is there a issue with eBay's servers?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Try this. Refresh the page. Then copy one of the problem drafts. You will get an error message. Just ignore it and close the copy window. Next refresh the page again. You should see the copied draft. Use that one to list. I've taken to copying all my drafts before 30 days as they are likely to disappear without warning. When the originals go away, I copy the copies and so on ad infinitum. Keeps all the important ones active. HTH.

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

I reported the same problem 13 hours ago. 

I was told I wasn't allowed to make copies of drafts anymore because they took that option away 1 year ago.

I smiled and told them to have a good day and ended the call and called them right back.

This person had me refresh the page, sign out of ebay, and a couple other things but nothing worked.

I only have 1 draft saved.

I made a new draft and can't copy it either.

I been getting the error message for a few months but if I went to a different ebay page and came back, the copied drafts would be there but not today.

I have tried every couple hours and still no luck.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

I've tried that before....still doesn't work. I'm having to go 'listing templates',  'create listing', and save that as draft. And then repeat as many times I as need, then 'edit' each one with listing info, then resume all drafts and submit. More mouse clicks, but it works. 

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

I am having the same issue - just absolutely can't copy a draft any more!  Soooo frustrating!!

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and bringing this to my attention.

I can see this on my account as well, and I have sent this over to our technicians for further review, the copy draft function should definitely be available/working. I apologize for the inconvenience on this.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Being a former tech support person, got pretty good at diagnosing/repairing issues.   I too contacted eBay support, got the typical, wait 24 to 48 hours, try make copy of draft, that had been working on and off, past few months. I tried both ebay.ca and ebay.com, all unable create drafts!

I tried all the ways listed below, with Chrome/Firefox/IE/Edge all same unable make copies of drafts!

Below is list of what tried to make copy of drafts, that I know, worked last week:

1.   Sign out/sign in both ebay sites, still unable copy.

2.  Disable all extensions all search engines, still unable make copies of drafts.

3.  Disable anti-virus/malware test, still unable make copy of drafts.

4.  Clear cache/passwords/search history/cookies etc, test making copies still unable make copies of drafts.

5.  Checked Windows updates, noticed few updates applied recently, around time unable create copies started, decided test rollback updates.  Once completed, still unable create copies of existing drafts.  Applied Windows updates again, tested still unable make copies of drafts.

6.  I tried creating draft, got error, closed error message, refreshed page, unable create copies of drafts.

7.  And final, I have multiple PC's at home and none of the PC's could make copies of drafts, as well had friend test his PC another location, he also issues creating copies of drafts.

I had created this list, so perhaps others will have way of testing their issues with making copies of drafts, that has been touch and go past few months, but this week, am getting very frustrated with eBay and their support, and am sure, going to be just as frustrated, once contact eBay support again tonight!ebay unable create copy of drafts.JPG

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Called support once again, and got the typical, wait 24 to 48 hours, not surprised in the least. 

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

I've called this one in Wednesday, Thursday, and again tonight. Was only able to get the person today to verify the problem on their end. But, that actually resulted in him finally recommended an escalation. I see John above in this thread acknowledging working on this, so taking him at his word, I think there's enough reports as well as troubleshooting steps here (I did the multi-computer/browser, reboot everything troubleshooting as well.

I agree also with the person posting above who said you can usually work around this by copying, and then refreshing. But, as it sit here this afternoon, I'm really wondering what can't be fixed still on Saturday!

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Same problem.

Wonder when eBay will get around to fixing the issue.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Hi John,

It's Sunday 3/14/21 and the make a copy of a draft function still doesn't work.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Having the same issue - I used to be able to "refresh" and the new draft would appear, but even that isn't working now...

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Must be a doozie. Could we get an update to plan around this? John? Bueller? Bueller?

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Here looking for help, having the same issue.  Hopefully it can get corrected soon.   Its been down several days for me.  

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

It is 3/15/21. Drafts still can't have copies made. This is absolutely insane. This seems like a SUPER easy engineering problem. How underfunded is eBay's tech team? Maybe you guys should fire the diversity and genders studies majors and hire more engineers.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply