cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbolister glitches

I am a longtime Turbolister user and appreciate that we can still use this listing tool.  I have encountered two glitches with TL though, and wonder if others are experiencing these too.    I would especially love an eBay update as to whether these glitches will be fixed.

1. When I search by ISBN for item specifics it always is not found, even if it would be found with online search.

2. Item specifics, country of manufacture ends about mid way through the alphabet so United States is not an option!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Turbolister glitches

@birdhouse-in-your-soul

Try clicking on Tools>Compact datases. This may help with the second issue. For the first...This is from the eBay Advanced Apps team...

Phone Support (US - 8 AM - 6 PM MST): **To call us, click on the Help & Contact link found at the top of most eBay pages. Click on the Contact Us button at the bottom of the page. Select ‘Selling’ -> ‘Getting Started’ -> ‘Selling Tools’ for issues or concerns related to eBay listing tools that my team can assist you with. Now scroll to the bottom and click Call Us. Ask the customer support agent to transfer you to the Advanced Apps team.**

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@birdhouse-in-your-soul wrote:

I am a longtime Turbolister user and appreciate that we can still use this listing tool.  I have encountered two glitches with TL though, and wonder if others are experiencing these too.    I would especially love an eBay update as to whether these glitches will be fixed.

1. When I search by ISBN for item specifics it always is not found, even if it would be found with online search.

2. Item specifics, country of manufacture ends about mid way through the alphabet so United States is not an option!

Hi, can’t help with your first question but I have encountered the same problem with country of manufacture. A workaround is to make any changes within item specifics, change the country to Unknown then save. Open up the item again and just type in United States where it says Unknown, then save again. Works for me.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Thanks so much!  I had not thought of that but it sounds like a great work around.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@birdhouse-in-your-soul wrote:

I'm getting #2. The list stops at India and I tried multiple times to fix it but nothing worked. I finally just put a couple up without the country to see if it would go up OK and it did so I guess I'll just not put up any country.

I have noticed that we haven't had any updates of any kind to Turbo Lister in awhile. I wonder if this is the beginning of the end?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@readabouthorses wrote:

I'm getting #2. The list stops at India and I tried multiple times to fix it but nothing worked. I finally just put a couple up without the country to see if it would go up OK and it did so I guess I'll just not put up any country.

I have noticed that we haven't had any updates of any kind to Turbo Lister in awhile. I wonder if this is the beginning of the end?

That is my concern too.  Your experience with the country list is the same as mine.  I also am not including that field in my listings because Turbolister makes it impossible to add (if the country begins with a letter after "I").   

I would love to have an "official" response from the Turbolister folks about these issues.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Just a follow up that this is still broken in the Item Specifics in Turbo Lister. I did ask about it on the Ebay For Business Facebook page but didn't get much of an answer there either.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

The Country/Region of Manufacture is still broken in Turbo Lister. Didn't get any help from the Ebay For Business Facebook page. Then I contacted the TL help and nothing they offered worked either.

No one seems to be too interested in getting this fixed so I guess Country/Region Of Manufacture isn't a very important Item Specific.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply