cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo Lister

Am i the last person to find out Turbo Lister is now unsupported ....?? 

Just tried to List 100 items , and nope it's not happening , it was a fantastic program for the past 11 years , i could get together 100 items over a period of time and easy upload .. 

What now ??? what is it's replacement ??? no chance will i be paying £999 a year for an auction i use rarely ... i also don't feel like paying a percentage fee to an outside company , ebay you get my fee's already ...  

Brilliant way of alienating older sellers , I shake my head at the stupidity of ebay.co.uk 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Turbo Lister

@fatboydale 

For the occasional seller, eBay's online tools are the best option. I would suggest the Advanced Listing form. The Quick lister may add options to your listing that you may not wish to be added.

The depreciation of TurboLister has been on the horizon for 2-3 years. The best 'replacement' for Turbo, would be eBay's SellerHub. You can create 'drafts', in the SellerHub. I do not know the current number of drafts, that are available in SellerHub. You can subscribe to SellerHub (free) if you have had at least one sale. See this link for more info - https://www.ebay.com/help/Selling/Selling_Tools/Seller_Hub?id=4095

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Hi

I also used turbo lister in the uk ,I use file exchange now, in turbo lister you can exported  a file exchange .csv file

this is the way that work for me  in file exchange

if no spreadsheet program, search google sheets in your browser and use googles online program to edit the file

join imgur  for post the images you are using , upload your pics and click generate image link, select direct links save the links to a text file then copy

to the PicURL column 

in  google sheets in the description column you properly need to edit the description so that it is just one line in the spreadsheet, I try to use  the just the text <P>item description</P>

sorry about the long answer to listing without turbo lister

also at the moment you can import Sold/Unsold items from your ended ebay listing and still use turbo lister as a catalogue of your ebay items

the info below is what you need to change in the turbo lister export file

Re: Turbo lister 2 stopped unloading, tryed file exchange no able to list
in reply to 03-05-2019 05:01:06 AM
Last Edited 03-05-2019 05:02:53 AM

The export csv file that is produced by Turbo, will not work correctly for FileExchange without some modifications.

For FileExchange 'Add' items:

1) The 'Action' heading in column A1, must be changed to reflect the site you are listing on. For @if_comics , this would be 'Action(SiteID=UK|Country=UK|Currency=GBP|Version=941)'.

2) Change the 'Condition' column heading to 'ConditionID'.

3) If you use custom labels, change 'Custom Label' to 'CustomLabel'. (there is a second 'CustomLabel' field in the Turbo export file. You can delete the first)

4) Due to the age of the Turbo program, there are some fields that are no longer valid for FileExchange, and some additional fields have been added in recent eBay changes. There are also site specific fields/columns in the export file. See template info below to avoid using unneeded fields/columns.

4) Delete the 'ItemID' column.

5) Add the column 'Product:EAN' (for this member...'Product:UPC' for US users). This is needed for the Product catalog.

It is much better, instead of trying to upload a Turbo export file, to use this utility - http://bulksell.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?FileExchangeCategorySelector - to download a correct template for the desired category. Then map the Turbo export fields/columns into that template, using your spreadsheet functions. (Add the column listed in 5) above, to the template).

Also note that the Turbo export file will not contain acceptable image URLs for a FileExchange upload file. Images must be hosted on a online web server, using the https: protocol.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Most image hosting sites that host for free do not allow commercial use of their site for hosting photos.

https://imgur.com/tos Terms of service

USE OF IMGUR CONTENT

By downloading an image or copying other user-generated content (UGC) from Imgur, you agree that you do not claim any rights to it. The following conditions apply:

• You may use UGC for personal, non-commercial purposes.
  • You may use UGC for anything that qualifies as fair use under copyright law, for example journalism (news, comment, criticism, etc.), but please include an attribute ("Imgur" or "courtesy of Imgur") next to where it is displayed.
  • You may not use UGC for non-journalistic commercial purposes.
  • Your use of UGC is at your own risk. IMGUR MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, and you will indemnify and hold Imgur harmless from any copyright infringement claims arising out of your use of the UGC. (See our general disclaimers below.)
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

holiday*alley
Rising Star

I totally agree.  I have 100's of templates in my Turbo Lister that I paid for and made myself.  I have 3 eBay ID's that I use, and I used Turbo for all of them.....  now what???

I love Turbo Lister.  It works PERFECTLY with the eBay website!  Does eBay always have to re-invent the wheel!  I am not paying for an outside listing tool.  What a conundrum!  And your absolutely right about us "older sellers".....

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Seller hub is annoying for those with less than perfect internet connections. Turbo Lister ability to create listing offline and batch upload them was better.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

SixBit is a desktop application that is similar to Turbo Lister, so you might want to check them out.

SixBit has a long history of writing tools for eBay, and the founders once worked for eBay 20 years ago.

https://www.sixbitsoftware.com

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@deal-artisan wrote:

SixBit is a desktop application that is similar to Turbo Lister, so you might want to check them out.

SixBit has a long history of writing tools for eBay, and the founders once worked for eBay 20 years ago.

https://www.sixbitsoftware.com

But is a very expensive program if you are a small seller

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Six bit is a bit high but it has the ability to export your listing to esty and maybe amazon. I list on another site that they do not support but I can export to a csv file ( I'm still learning how to do that) and them send to the other site So maybe if you are thinking of expanding your selling sites you might look into it.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply