cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo Lister item numbers remaining on my descriptions - how to remove?

Due to TL database problems, I had to import all my listed items in order to get them back to T L. Now they all seem to have an item number on them that never goes away even if I have made a few changes to them and even after listing as a "new" item. I am wondering if I can remove the item number as I am thinking they are seen as relisted items instead of new. Any new items I list from TL do not have their item number stay attached to them even when they are unsold.

I've tried every way I can think of to get the item number to disappear by revising various things but no luck so far. I have about 800 items I would have to redo, all have multiple photos too. Any ideas or help appreciated.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Turbo Lister item numbers remaining on my descriptions - how to remove?

If you export the listings to a Turbo Lister Database (TDB) file and then import back into the inventory, the item numbers should be dropped.  Export/Import commands are on the File menu.  

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thank You! Will I lose my photos if I do as you suggest? Also, am I correct in thinking that these are being seen as a relist by ebay after uploading?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

You can lose the photos if you export in csv format instead of TDB.  

You should be able to tell what is elegible for relist by looking at the TL Listing Activity view, Ended Listings folder.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@jleo

I exported to a tdb file and the file is sitting in ''my documents" but when I go to import it back in to TL I cannot seem to find it. I can only see my excel files. any idea what I have done wrong? Thanks again.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

All is good, I figured out how to import back in again. However the item ID is still showing up in the TL listing. Oh well, thanks anyway for all your help.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Sorry, thought it would work with the tdb format.  It will work with csv format but you may lose pictures.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@vintagenorth When you say the item # is still showing, are you talking about on the Turbo screen? Not actually IN the listing, right?

If it really worries you try selecting to schedule and the item # vanishes, then just select NOT to schedule.

When a listing is launched to eBay from Turbo the item # changes anyway. Any listing from Turbo is considered a "new" listing by the eBay system.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Thank you, I did figure out - yesterday - that the item number does change when I list the item again. I just wasn't used to seeing an item number there since it normally doesn't show in my TL, just shows Non Applicable. I wanted to make sure that eBay wasn't seeing it them as relisted items. Thanks again.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I am having the same issue. Turbo Lister doesn't make it easy to use templates or make listings from duplicated templates. I wish they'd get with it!
Message 10 of 10
latest reply