cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo Lister adds link automatically to listings.

All of my Turbo listings have a link at the bottom which is added automatically by Turbo Lister. Ebay is saying they should all be removed. I remember years ago opting to have this link added to all of my listings but now I can't figure out how to opt out of it. I still launch using turbo and it continues to add them when I launch.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@caselotbuys 

You have a couple of issues here.

1) You are running on an outdated version of TurboLister, or 79 of your 80 listings were created on an outdated version of Turbo. This needs to be addressed first,

2) Those 79 listings have Active Content issues with, yes, the Turbo icon that Turbo has added to your listings, by the old version of Turbo.

I will address these separately in the next posts to this thread.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The current version of TurboLister is 9.927.101.1.

Please check your version by clicking on (in Turbo) the Help tab, then About TurboLister - Help>About Turbo Lister.

Before you update, a backup is a very good idea.

If your current version is before 9.925, you need to perform a Complete Version Update - Tools>Install Complete Version Update.

If it is 9.925 or later, you can perform an version update - Tools>Check for Program Updates.

In both cases, once the update/install are finished, you will need to restart Windows for everything to work correctly.

Once this process is complete, you will no longer need to be concerned about the icon that Turbo adds to new listings. The old listings will still have issues. We will address these next.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

OK, there are two paths you can use to fix your current listings.

1) The BEAR (bulk edit and replace) editor, or

2) A tool written by another eBay member (ShipScript) - http://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/ActiveContentScanner.htm

Number two is a great tool, if you are technically inclined. A subscription to eBay's FileExchange (free) will be needed to make the corrections. More info, if you wish to use this solution, can be found on the Active Content discussion board - http://community.ebay.com/t5/Replacing-Active-Content/bd-p/activecontent. ShipScript monitors that board for questions.

However, the changes needed to your listings can be done fairly easily with number 1 - the BEAR editor. I need to look for a previous thread on this subject. I will return, but it may take a while for me to find it and reply with the instructions you will need. ShipScript may also reply here.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Found it much quicker than I thought I would!

You have two issues in each of your current listings. The old Turbo icon link is not using the https protocol (non-secure) and there is no 'target' attribute on the icon's display. Both of these violate eBay's Active content policy.

This link will show you how to correct both issues using the BEAR editor - https://community.ebay.com/t5/Tools-Apps/Fix-active-content-issues-the-easy-way/m-p/27727677?search-...

Please repost with any questions you may have.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

My main concern was how to prevent the link etc from being added to future listings launched from Turbo Lister.  I went to my TL  and clicked on complete version date, it went into search mode (spinning), did that for over an hour but never seemed to find anything. ?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@caselotbuys 

You may have to uninstall Turbo to get the complete update. For that, I would feel more comfortable, if you got help from eBay's Advanced Apps team...

This is from the eBay Advanced Apps team...

Phone Support (US - 8 AM - 6 PM MST): **To call us, click on the Help & Contact link found at the top of most eBay pages. Click on the Contact Us button at the bottom of the page. Select ‘Selling’ -> ‘Getting Started’ -> ‘Selling Tools’ for issues or concerns related to eBay listing tools that my team can assist you with. Now scroll to the bottom and click Call Us. Ask the customer support agent to transfer you to the Advanced Apps team.**

Message 7 of 7
latest reply