cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo Lister Error - Invalid value for ProductID

I list on eBay Motors using a csv upload. I have done literally thousands of listings this way using Turbo Lister. It has been working fine and was no problem yesterday. Today I started getting this error upon upload attempt, "Invalid value for ProductID". I use the eBay Motors EPID value to specify the part from the eBay catalog. If that is the "ProductID" being mentioned in the error, that value is correct, it pulls in the correct information and fitment for the part number being listed. I tried creating a listing manually within Turbo Lister, using the manual function to select the brand and part number, same error. The only way I can get around this error so I can continue creating my listings is to skip the product selection and upload with just the Brand and Part number, then edit the listing on eBay to select the correct part. Time consuming (but not nearly as much time as I have wasted today with this issue). Anybody know what is going on or how to get this to work other than the backwards workaround I am using? I really doubt it is a problem with my installation.
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Turbo Lister Error - Invalid value for ProductID

Since this error occurs on both FileExchange and TurboLister, it would imply that the error is related to the Catalog itself. We have no way to 'work arround' issues with the Catalog.

All we can do is to place this issue in front of the catalog team.

Send an email from your registered email account to - DL-eBay-CatalogSubmission@ebay.com

Include your userid and a compete description of the issue.

Note: I hope the above email is still good. It is the only one I have available in my notes.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Since this error occurs on both FileExchange and TurboLister, it would imply that the error is related to the Catalog itself. We have no way to 'work arround' issues with the Catalog.

All we can do is to place this issue in front of the catalog team.

Send an email from your registered email account to - DL-eBay-CatalogSubmission@ebay.com

Include your userid and a compete description of the issue.

Note: I hope the above email is still good. It is the only one I have available in my notes.

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

That's a brilliant answer. There is a legitimate problem with TurboLister.

"All we can do is to place this issue in front of the catalog team. Send an email from your registered email account to - DL-eBay-CatalogSubmission@ebay.com".

This is your customer service? You can't communicate yourself with the people who should fix this issue? Oh and by the way, the email address might not work.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

You rudely lashed out at another forum user trying to help - go figure it out yourself.
Message 4 of 12
latest reply

This eBay community is composed of buyers and sellers, just like yourself. We are here to help in the only way we can, advice and experience. If you do not like the advice given, call eBay.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I did finally get an acknowledgement from the Turbo Lister team that this is an error with the catalog. Their workaround suggestion was to remove the Product Details in the Turbo Lister listing and then let it be found in the catalog from the UPC. I pointed out this would not work for eBay Motors parts since the EPID is the only identifier that will pull in the vehicle fitment/compatibility information, the team then responded they had tested this and could confirm the specific issue for eBay Motors parts & accessories prevented that workaround from being a valid workaround. The support team member I was communicating with told me, "To tell you the truth, I don’t know if the program developers will fix this bug." This is what I expected would be the case. He suggested uploading without compatibility then manually editing the listing on eBay to select the correct part number, I had already tried that and while it works it isn't practical on a large scale. During the several days of communicating with TL support I have converted to using File Exchange for listing and uploaded my first batch of listings successfully. I have been planning on that for some time, since the announcement of TL retirement, but didn't want to invest the time as long as my existing method was working fine for me. Anyhow, after losing 8-12 hours trying to figure out the problem and then implement the File Exchange process, I am back to listing. For the record, in case it isn't clear, it wasn't me that posted the rude response to dollybeauty's suggestion.
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Thank you for your response, I appreciate your taking the time to respond and all the help you provide for other sellers. I have done a lot of that on other forums over the years and it's an unfortunate fact there are rude negative people who contribute nothing, like the 2nd response. While I did not get a response from that email address you suggested, it also did not bounce so I'm guessing they are just ignoring me. Your response was still helpful to me in working me way through the eBay help maze. dollybeauty rocks!
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I am glad you have found a solution to your issue, though not ideal.

Interestingly, just after your post, eBay has added a new member to the eBay Community team. He has experience with the different eBay selling tools as well as the eBay Catalog. Let's see if he can shine some light on this issue...

brian@ebayCan we expect any fix/update to TurboLister on this issue? While I am a big fan of FileExchange, there are many members who do not wish to learn another selling tool. Especially one that they may think is complicated (NOT).

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I just noticed that eBay is now offering promoted listing for eBay Motors. Implimentation of this feature may have caused an issue with the product/catalog featires.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Motors-Parts-amp-Accessories-Sellers-Promoted-Listings-I...

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@diamondsprings wrote:

That's a brilliant answer. There is a legitimate problem with TurboLister.

"All we can do is to place this issue in front of the catalog team. Send an email from your registered email account to - DL-eBay-CatalogSubmission@ebay.com".

This is your customer service? You can't communicate yourself with the people who should fix this issue? Oh and by the way, the email address might not work.

Typical useless eBay service.

THAT IS TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@dollybeauty wrote:

I am glad you have found a solution to your issue, though not ideal.

Interestingly, just after your post, eBay has added a new member to the eBay Community team. He has experience with the different eBay selling tools as well as the eBay Catalog. Let's see if he can shine some light on this issue...

brian@ebayCan we expect any fix/update to TurboLister on this issue? While I am a big fan of FileExchange, there are many members who do not wish to learn another selling tool. Especially one that they may think is complicated (NOT).

Hi @dollybeauty, since we're focusing our efforts on the Seller Hub, it's possible that an update won't be implemented for Turbo Lister. We want Seller Hub to be the go-to tool for sellers and want to include many of the features found in Turbo Lister. If anyone ever has any specific Turbo Lister or File Exchange concerns, feel free to email our experts via turbodata@ebay.com.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Thanks for your reply, Brian!!

Many members here have heard that the SellerHub will replace TurboLister functionality, but details have not been forthcoming on the issue. Nor is there any dependable timeline.

For this particular issue (ProductID values), not having a TurboLister update to solve this issue will make it difficult for member sellers who are trying to ramp up for the holiday season.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply