cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The New Ebay All Selling Page SUCKS! Congratulatiıns: YOU DESTROYED EBAY!

IT SUCKS
IT HAS A HORRIBLE DESIGN FOR LAYOUT AND FUNCTIONS
CONGRATULATIONS, YOU DESTROYED EBAY!
YOU TOOK ALL MY ENTHUSIASM FROM ME!
IF YOU THINK THAT YOU WILL DO SUCH UNNECESSARY CHANGES AND WE WILL SIMPLY GET USED TO IT AFTER CRYING FOR A FEW DAYS, KNOW THIS; YOU ARE WRONG! YOU ARE PUSHING PEOPLE LIKE ME TO QUIT USING EBAY!
BRING THE CLASSIC EBAY BACK!

Message 1 of 149
latest reply
148 REPLIES 148

Yeah, like the way 90% of the world rolled over for this Covid **bleep**.  There's not a lick of scientific or anecdotal evidence (After a year plus of experimentation with masks and lockdowns) that either of those strategies works, yet people are like sheep.

Message 46 of 149
latest reply

@hurryagain wrote:

@ambassadoroflight wrote:

Here's a Classic View of the My eBay Sold view that still works for me:

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&View=SoldNext&NewFilter=WaitShipment&SubmitAction.Ch...

@ambassadoroflight 

OMG!  That works!!!!!!!

So awesome!  This is half of the battle.  How beautiful it is to see this.  It is SOOOO much easier and we can see our TOTALS for the current week (or whatever time frame that you have it on)

@mr_lincolnhere is our classic sold page!  I cannot access our active classic format - it just goes to the 💩 new format BUT here is the classic sold!!!  All of your sales totals on the right hand side!!!

YIPPIE!!!

@outdoorgeardude 

@hurryagain   OH MY WORD!  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!  Where do I send the money???

I Bookmarked that.  My old Bookmark was for the All Selling page, I never had JUST the SOLD page.  Hope eBrain doesn't figure out how to block this one too soon LOL!

I  ..... AM ..... HAPPY!

SNOOPY HAPPY.jpg

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 47 of 149
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@hurryagain wrote:

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&View=SoldNext&NewFilter=WaitShipment&SubmitAction.Ch...

@ambassadoroflight 

OMG!  That works!!!!!!!

So awesome!  This is half of the battle.  How beautiful it is to see this.  It is SOOOO much easier and we can see our TOTALS for the current week (or whatever time frame that you have it on)

@mr_lincolnhere is our classic sold page!  I cannot access our active classic format - it just goes to the 💩 new format BUT here is the classic sold!!!  All of your sales totals on the right hand side!!!

YIPPIE!!!

@outdoorgeardude 

@hurryagain   OH MY WORD!  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!  Where do I send the money???

I Bookmarked that.  My old Bookmark was for the All Selling page, I never had JUST the SOLD page.  Hope eBrain doesn't figure out how to block this one too soon LOL!

I  ..... AM ..... HAPPY!

SNOOPY HAPPY.jpg

LOL!!!

You can send the money to @ambassadoroflight .

Like you, I only had the all selling page bookmarked so I was screwed when they...blocked it? 

Are they are blocking it?  😶  Geez Louise.

When I saw that this link did work, I bookmarked it so fast that my laptop almost fell off the desk...LOL!!!

This is half of the battle...now - if we could only get out active listings back I would be good to go with those two things.

Love the happy dance!

@mr_lincoln 

Message 48 of 149
latest reply

@ambassadoroflight   YOU are my HERO OF THE DAY! 

Regards,
Message 49 of 149
latest reply

@hurryagain   Well, "blocking" it is not as correct as redirecting to a different URL in techno - geeko terms.

Those old pages will always be kept on the eBay Servers but not accessible externally.  I think it was sometime late 2019 I logged on and went to my Bookmark link for the All Selling page and sure enough the layout was different.  So, I posted a screen shot of it only to learn from some older Sellers that is was from 2008 and NOT a new page layout ... so how in the world did that happen?  Well, the page was still on file and somehow got put back in the system ... it did not stay for long so and then was gone again ... 

Regards,
Message 50 of 149
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

Yes, that is what was happening to me...I kept getting redirected...UGH!

Sooo...they DO have these old pages kept on the servers...I wonder why they will not allow us to use them? 

I am sure that there has to be some technical issue...some conflict with newer formats?  I am obviously not a tekkie - LOL!!!  But if they still have these pages on the servers and it would not cause any conflict for us to use them...it would be really nice for them to allow us to have access to it.

Message 51 of 149
latest reply

@hurryagain wrote:

@mr_lincoln 

Yes, that is what was happening to me...I kept getting redirected...UGH!

Sooo...they DO have these old pages kept on the servers...I wonder why they will not allow us to use them? 

I am sure that there has to be some technical issue...some conflict with newer formats?  I am obviously not a tekkie - LOL!!!  But if they still have these pages on the servers and it would not cause any conflict for us to use them...it would be really nice for them to allow us to have access to it.

@hurryagain   Yes, new page formats have "code" written to interact with more up to date browsers.  As more code changes the older pages will eventually not work as well or at all.   The other thing they are doing is trying to design pages that work on BOTH mobile devices and PCs ...  its not a good approach because one or the other device will suffer and in our case its the PC based Sellers.  But THAT is not necessarily the main issue with the changes eBay makes on their pages.  What they are missing is presenting the same information that was neatly organized on the older pages.   They also will move commonly used functions to other pages or accessed through links, thus adding time and confusion on trying to get a simple task completed.

Regards,
Message 52 of 149
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

Thank you for taking the time to explain this.  Updated browsers having issues with old code makes sense.

Like you and shipscript said...they are trying to have this site work for both phones & PC's with the PC users being the poor second cousin.

It really is too bad that they could not keep the front end (retail terms - store front) as a mobile design while the back end (us sellers) have a more PC friendly version.

I would think that most of us full time sellers (meaning having something for sale almost every day here) are using PC's.  I cannot imagine trying to work this site on mobile but again...I think that some full timers do that too...go figure...

I have no idea if this can be accomplished but I cannot imagine having thousands of items for sale and keeping track of it all using either the new page or the hub...it is just too much of a logistical nightmare.

I am assuming that there are those large sellers who manage...I don't know how they do it...

Maybe they need to teach the rest of us their secrets...LOL!!!

Message 53 of 149
latest reply

@hurryagain wrote:

@mr_lincoln 

Thank you for taking the time to explain this.  Updated browsers having issues with old code makes sense.

Like you and shipscript said...they are trying to have this site work for both phones & PC's with the PC users being the poor second cousin.

It really is too bad that they could not keep the front end (retail terms - store front) as a mobile design while the back end (us sellers) have a more PC friendly version.

I would think that most of us full time sellers (meaning having something for sale almost every day here) are using PC's.  I cannot imagine trying to work this site on mobile but again...I think that some full timers do that too...go figure...

I have no idea if this can be accomplished but I cannot imagine having thousands of items for sale and keeping track of it all using either the new page or the hub...it is just too much of a logistical nightmare.

I am assuming that there are those large sellers who manage...I don't know how they do it...

Maybe they need to teach the rest of us their secrets...LOL!!!

@hurryagain   I agree ... I can not imagine Premium store owners and larger stores running their business off a phone.  Basic stores "maybe" but then they would simply have things set up to run off notifications, meaning if something happens they get notified and react.  I would also find it hard to keep track of things on spreadsheets without a PC.

Regards,
Message 54 of 149
latest reply

Your link to the Classic View Sold page worked for me too, except that ebay moved the sold items off it, so I cannot actually see any of my sold items.  It shows "0" when it should read 35.  When I click on the usual links at the left I'm taken only to the ugly new pages. 

Classic View was such a beautifully & practically designed system.  Like many others, I can't stop bemoaning the loss of it.  It had depth and intelligence.  The new pages appear cheap, unimaginative, catering to the lowest common denominator - the lack of sophistication is palpable.   I'd almost feel sorry for the "designers" of it (if one can call them designers as they're hardly worthy of the name) - that is, if I didn't loathe & disrespect them.  (I'm reminded of modern art where an entire canvas is painted red and we call the painter an "artist."  Next to Rembrandt, really?  That's an artist?)

Message 55 of 149
latest reply

Accept what so easily? Members have no say on how eBay runs their  business.  You  have to accept the changes or leave.  

Message 56 of 149
latest reply

AGREE

Message 57 of 149
latest reply

Agreed, I actually sent corporate a letter questioning why, with all the abilities they have creating the platform a tab for the sellers page "classic view" couldn't be made available.  Even with all the nifty options on the sellers hub, it is way over engineered for what I want.  Just relisting 'til other platforms pick up all the unhappy refugees and then I'll join them.  Facebook marketplace is interesting and easy to use and it's only a 5% fee on the transaction for items shipped out and no listing fees.  Just saying.

Message 58 of 149
latest reply

Yeah I would like the classic view back. Why did you make it hard to use? Really don't know if I want to even bother to sell on here anymore. Just doing it for a side hustle, but I really don't need it.

Message 59 of 149
latest reply

Does not work 4-21-21

Message 60 of 149
latest reply