cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terapeak Request

Hey elizabeth@ebay kyle@ebay !

Are you able to escalate feedback directly to the team that manages Terapeak?

Specifically, I would like them to add a column that identifies category(ies) where items are listed.

There are many items when multiple categories are relevant to an item, and having that data visible in Terapeak will show sellers which categories are performing best for those items. In addition, listings older than 90 days cannot be clicked on, so we cannot access the category.

Edit to add: I do realize there is a category filter and I use it, but it's not the same experience to filter categories one by one and compare data as it is to see the category in a column next to every item when "all categories" is selected. The data is there, but it's not in an easily readable/accessible format for research purposes. The entire point of Terapeak is to use it as a research tool and I'd like to see this change make things more efficient for sellers. 🙂

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Terapeak Request

I agree that this would be a useful improvement. I so often see items listed in a so-so category that is not really the best one for the item.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Terapeak Request

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hey elizabeth@ebay kyle@ebay !

Are you able to escalate feedback directly to the team that manages Terapeak?

Specifically, I would like them to add a column that identifies category(ies) where items are listed.

There are many items when multiple categories are relevant to an item, and having that data visible in Terapeak will show sellers which categories are performing best for those items. In addition, listings older than 90 days cannot be clicked on, so we cannot access the category.

Edit to add: I do realize there is a category filter and I use it, but it's not the same experience to filter categories one by one and compare data as it is to see the category in a column next to every item when "all categories" is selected. The data is there, but it's not in an easily readable/accessible format for research purposes. The entire point of Terapeak is to use it as a research tool and I'd like to see this change make things more efficient for sellers. 🙂

Hey @wastingtime101 thanks for the suggestion!  I have reached out to the appropriate team to pass this along.

Kyle,
eBay
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Terapeak Request

Hi kyle@ebay , would you mind submitting another request to the Product Research team?

At the bottom of the results page it just says "page 1" or "page 2", but it would be helpful it it said "page 1 of X" or if it gave some indicator of how many results were pulled.

Ideally, at the top it would say the number of results just like it does in regular eBay search.

Use case: A seller searched for a competitor's item but couldn't find it in Terapeak so they asked me for assistance. When I viewed the same search I found the item appeared on page 3 of results, but it wasn't intuitive for that seller to realize there was more than 1 page of results.

In total, there were 6 pages of results - 295 items. You could only determine that by clicking the arrows forward until you got to the last page and the arrow grayed out.

If Terapeak gave a better indicator of how many results were pulled upfront, it would help sellers to determine when they should try different key words or filters when the results are numerous, or when they needed to view multiple pages of results.

Thanks in advance!

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Terapeak Request

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Hi kyle@ebay , would you mind submitting another request to the Product Research team?

At the bottom of the results page it just says "page 1" or "page 2", but it would be helpful it it said "page 1 of X" or if it gave some indicator of how many results were pulled.

Ideally, at the top it would say the number of results just like it does in regular eBay search.

Use case: A seller searched for a competitor's item but couldn't find it in Terapeak so they asked me for assistance. When I viewed the same search I found the item appeared on page 3 of results, but it wasn't intuitive for that seller to realize there was more than 1 page of results.

In total, there were 6 pages of results - 295 items. You could only determine that by clicking the arrows forward until you got to the last page and the arrow grayed out.

If Terapeak gave a better indicator of how many results were pulled upfront, it would help sellers to determine when they should try different key words or filters when the results are numerous, or when they needed to view multiple pages of results.

Thanks in advance!

Hey @wastingtime101 thank you, that's a great callout!  I'll be glad to pass this along!

Kyle,
eBay
Message 5 of 5
latest reply