cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talking to a live person at ebay???

Is it possible to contact someone at ebay?  There is no telephone number or email address to ask a question regarding my account? Thanks for anyone's response.  Bill

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

try eBay at Facebook: they be real employees not out sourced ones.

Any numbers for eBay found on the net are most likly scammers:

Normal CS reps are out sourced and usually do not give much "correct" aid.

we are users and also may be able to give advice to your problems if you tell us what they are.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@bfr-498 

Start on eBay's Help & Contact page:

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

Navigate to a help page about your topic, or similar to your topic.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Contact us" button.

Then type "agent" into the chat that opens.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Thanks, I keep getting messages to verify my account and they want me to link up my account with a bank account but my ebay account is under my common name, Bill Brown, and all my bank accounts are under my legal name, William Brown, so they always get rejected because the names do not match.  Bill

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@bfr-498 wrote:

Thanks, I keep getting messages to verify my account and they want me to link up my account with a bank account but my ebay account is under my common name, Bill Brown, and all my bank accounts are under my legal name, William Brown, so they always get rejected because the names do not match.  Bill

well if the info does not match it will not be accepted.

Can you open a difernet bank account that matches exactly with your eBay account info.

Such would also provide you with more protection as well.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks,  did not know how to contact the agent.  Bill

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@bfr-498 

@donsdetour  is correct that the two must match. It would be easiest if you could go into your eBay account and change it to your legal name - since this must also match your SSN. If you plan to sell, then your registered name on eBay, your bank account, and your SSN must all match. If you sell over $600 on the site, eBay is required to send a 1099.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply