cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller Ledger created to replace GoDaddy

Hi fellow sellers.  Looking for thoughts on the initial trial sent out for Seller Ledger to help keep track of expenses.  Since GoDaddy is no longer an option this is supposed to be a possible replacement.

I checked the link sent via email and was wondering what "other income" means as it relates to e-Bay sales.

I never used GoDaddy and have been doing the books manually up to this point and am looking for an easier, less labor intensive way to manage all the required tax information.  Thanks

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Seller Ledger created to replace GoDaddy

Seller Ledger is in the very, very early stage of development and should not be relied on at this point. I can't answer your question on other income. I am sure it will become clear as the developers advance to the beta phase of testing and get the Help section populated.

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Without seeing the ledger, I would speculate that "other income" is just a placeholder for anything you want to add. Perhaps you refunded for a "not received" and then, when it did arrive, the buyer repaid through PayPal. 

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Hi, it is one of the things they are working on.  

Keep checking back, things are progressing.  

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Has there been any mishaps with Seller Ledger? Anything?

traceyhasabag
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I'm afraid of trying new things. Has anyone lost anything using Seller Ledger; listings, incorrect figures, has it had an effect on listings, promotions, marketing? 

traceyhasabag
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Hi, No I have not had anything bad happen.  I love SaleLedger. It gives you current updated profits (or losses). It pulls in all the eBay financial info.  If you remember to enter the money you spend.  It seems that at the end of the year all you will need to do is pop in the numbers.  So far, for me, it is perfect.  It gets better every day. The support is amazing.  Also, it is inexpensive.  At least for me.  

Just my two cents.  

Penny

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

The "other income" has already been addressed in an earlier reply.

Seller Ledger is being developed right now, and it's open for any of us eBay sellers to participate in using it while it's already in beta test. The link is below.

It's being developed by a group of programmers and professionals with the direction of Kevin Reeth, the original CEO of Outright, which became the now-defunct GoDaddy Online Bookkeeping. A lot of us eBay old-timers remember Outright and used it back in the day.

I am one of the volunteer  eBay seller/consultants and current beta testers of Seller Ledger (SL), and have seen it grow into a really good replacement for GoDaddy, which sadly threw me, and many other thousands of us eBay sellers who used it, under the bus last June.

It's purpose is to be a similar accurate and reliable online bookkeeping service with emphasis on simplicity & ease of use, and is intended for the majority of us eBay sellers that don't need an expensive and confusing service like QuickBooks. In the future, plans are to expand it by adding more online sales channels in addition to eBay.

Check it out, download all your information from eBay every 3 hours, and spread the word. Here's the link:

https://sellerledger.com/ebay-bookkeeping-software/

Cheers, Duffy

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@mega-ma-roo wrote:

Seller Ledger is in the very, very early stage of development and should not be relied on at this point. I can't answer your question on other income. I am sure it will become clear as the developers advance to the beta phase of testing and get the Help section populated.

@mega-ma-roo:

It's already in beta testing, and all eBay sellers are invited to download the app and try it themselves. I've been using it for the last two months as a volunteer beta tester, and the numbers for my account are dead-on so far. See my earlier post, which explains a lot.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

@traceyhasabag wrote:

I'm afraid of trying new things. Has anyone lost anything using Seller Ledger; listings, incorrect figures, has it had an effect on listings, promotions, marketing? 

@traceyhasabag:

I'm one of the original volunteer beta testers for Seller Ledger (SL), and have been in close contact with Kevin Reeth, the CEO with his team of developers. SL automatically downloads and updates all the numbers from eBay every 3 hours, and so far the numbers have become dead-on correct.

There is NO connection back to eBay that could affect listings, promotions, marketing, etc. The connection to eBay is one-way for the purposes of downloading only and is done in the same fashion as GoDaddy did it.

All eBay sellers are encouraged to download the app and try it out for themselves in its beta form. I have also been using it to manually enter new cost of goods (COG) and my daily mileage. One of the major benefits of SL is a layout for Parts I and II of Schedule C for tax purposes, again automatically updated every 3 hours and can be manually modified by the user if desired.

I have posted an earlier reply about SL, its background, and the link to try it yourself. Again, I am a 25-year selling veteran of eBay, and have volunteered  to be one of the earliest beta testers for SL, with no compensation... I was really ticked off at GoDaddy throwing thousands of us eBay sellers under the bus last June. Thanks goodness this is a replacement for it that is so promising.

Cheers, Duffy   

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Thanks Duffy, I'll give it a spin.

traceyhasabag
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

@duffy4444 wrote:

@mega-ma-roo wrote:

@mega-ma-roo:

It's already in beta testing, and all eBay sellers are invited to download the app and try it themselves. I've been using it for the last two months as a volunteer beta tester, and the numbers for my account are dead-on so far. See my earlier post, which explains a lot.

Cheers, Duffy

There were some problems very early on, but they have been corrected and my numbers are now correct. It's a good option for folks who don't want to or can't use a spreadsheet to track their sales. It is nice seeing exactly what will go on Schedule C when the time comes. In fact, I will be using the Seller Ledger numbers for 2022 because they pointed out a mistake I made in my spreadsheet last year. Very impressive for a new application.

ALWAYS be honest and exceedingly FAIR!

The Volunteer eBay Community Mentor formerly known as juanmogamer
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

I have to say the relief I felt when I saw this and signed up as a beta tester was just awesome.  I am so relieved that someone is trying to fill this space again.  I was with Outright before GoDaddy Bookkeeping and I love the simplicity of this program.  The comments above are accurate, it's not shiny yet, there are still things to be worked on,  it is a BETA test, but I can tell you I'd pay for the BETA test to have this software.  So I will definitely be a subscriber when it switches to that.  I am very pleased with this and so happy I kept checking to see if something was in development.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply