cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Listings Standard Function and Usage Clarification for Sellers 📈👨🏻‍🦯

New to Creating Community Posts, Mod  If this isnt the correct location or forum for post, I apologize in advance.  Mod please relocate or make any necessary corrections you see fitting. 

The Parameters are: 100% of the listings are  Fixed Price BIN With Best Offer in an Unspecified Category Where Promoted listings Option is Available. 

Question #1: When a Seller Opt In Promoted Listings Standard and Promote All or Some Listings at a specific Ad Rate. Once the Promoted Listing Campaign is Live and Running. Is it still possible for Buyers to located the and access these Listings via organic search? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yes, buyers will still be able to find the listings.

Have a great day

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Yes, buyers will still be able to find the listings.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Occasionally, an organic listing may rank higher in search than its promoted counterpart, so a buyer could select the organic version.  However, since I have not been following the changes in promotions, I don't know if selecting the organic version bypasses the promoted fee.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@motionsykness  Fees are charged even if the buyer finds the item and buys it from an organic listing if that item is promoted.    

If you check your seller hub traffic report you can see how many views and impressions your organic listings receive VS promoted.    https://www.ebay.com/sh/performance/traffic

Make sure you select a set ad rate and not the variable one or it will end up costing you a LOT in ad fees.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

What you are saying is once you promote all your listings. You will be paying an ad fee on 100% of your sales correct? 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you. Yes You are correct they can still purchase the listing and the seller will not be charged an Ad Fee when the buyer find the listing organically and purchase the item from an organic listing. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@motionsykness wrote:

Thank you. Yes You are correct they can still purchase the listing and the seller will not be charged an Ad Fee when the buyer find the listing organically and purchase the item from an organic listing. 

They can 'find' the listing, but just figure you are charged on EVERY sale as my Promoted 'views' is about 30%, yet 100% of my sales have been charged the 'promoted' fee for OVER a year. EVERY one of them. You cannot prove 'how' the buyer 'first' saw your item- so again-just figure ALL. 

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I have zero issues with paying for Ad Fees on items that are Sold Via Promoted Listings, Zero Complaints. In case I was not clear about that.

A buyer can absolutely purchase your promoted item via organic search and if that is the case an ad fee should not be charged or deducted after payment is received. 

Because if what you are saying is correct, the 100% of Your sold items would be via promoted listings and You are charged an ad fee on every sale, then why even bother checking the traffic report. 

According to my Sales Report Last Month 83% of my Sales are from Promoted Listings and the Rest Via Organic Search or 17%. On those 17% An Ad Fee was NOT charged. 

Thank you 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply