cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Listing Tool

Just went to list something and found this tool difficult to use, anyone else have this problem?  I went to put brand of item in and would only allow me a drop down menu to select.  Then I tried inputting the brand manually and it reverted to the drop down menu and only allowed me to select the closest brand name.  This new seller tool will not allow me to select free shipping for the item I am selling.  

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: New Listing Tool

Yes, just about everyone is finding that tool harder to use, or at the least, taking longer to list.  There are many other threads about it.

Message 2 of 26
latest reply

You can try this,

https://www.ebay.com/mys/overview

The links to various selling pages are on the left side under "Selling". I open each page (Sold, Active, Scheduled, etc.) in a new tab and just navigate between tabs. Works for me. Try it. You might like it.

BTW, I haven't used an eBay listing page in years. I just bring up a closed or current listing and use "Sell similar", editing the item to match the parameters of the new listing. No fiddling with constantly-changing eBay listing pages. The listing also gets a new item number and the "New listing" tag when posted. HTH.

Message 3 of 26
latest reply

"Sell Similar" brings me to the new listing format. There is no ability to change font size within the description. The feature to edit photos is inappropriate. All of our listings are accomplished with a camera and a laptop. 

Message 4 of 26
latest reply

Yes- we all hate the constant drop downs and popups. As hard as it is to believe- what you have to do to change the brand (instead of simply typing the brand you want in the field of the classic tool) is, click brand/select the dropdown box and type it in/ THEN SCROLL DOWN TO THE THE OTHER BOX THAT REFLECTS WHAT YOU JUST TYPED/ and select that option- then it will add your brand........see- easy peasy pudding and pie.    I dont know why everyone is complaining .  of course by the time you add all the item specifics that way, you better make sure your laptop is plugged in so the battery does not die

Message 5 of 26
latest reply

Top line-start typing.  It will add whatever you type.

I honestly don't see the issue everyone is having.  It's faster, easier and choosing what you add is simple.  I NEVER  search for answer, I type my answer and it either comes up or gives me the option (the plus sign) to add it.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

@divwido 

are you listing on a phone? because when you list on a desktop- the 4 step process like i outlined above is the only way to get the brand (or item specific) to stick. even if you type your brand and then hit enter (like is customary on a computer to signify completeness) - it erases what you had just typed- the only way to get it to stay is to type it and then click on it below where it shows up in the new box....then click done.     Maybe its different if your on a phone. I honestly have no real issues using the tool on my phone- all the problems are with it on a computer

Message 7 of 26
latest reply

I am on a computer.

Message 8 of 26
latest reply

I'm on  a computer and I'm not having problems.  I like the new way.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

@divwido 

That is interesting. Im glad that you like it for your sake.. How is it faster for you?  what do you like better than the classic. Im willing to listen- maybe I am missing something. Is it the style or the functionality you prefer?

Ebay is made up of millions of different sellers and some are bound to like and prefer the new tool of course.....We all have different needs- I just wish that they would keep the classic available for those that want a professional listing tool, not a simplified phone app.   

Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Been selling on eBay for over 20 years and by far, this is the worst listing tool they have come up with. All drop down menus which you then have to search for or enter your own and HOPE it is accepted. PLUS way too many easy to miss 'REQUIRED' entries that aren't readily apparent upfront like the previous format which was the BEST version they have had.....

Message 11 of 26
latest reply

@divwido wrote:

I'm on  a computer and I'm not having problems.  I like the new way.

Since you are on a computer and you are saying it is faster I have to ask ... how fast is your internet connection?

My DSL is really bad and slow and I'm finding it hanging on every click to popup. It is click ... stall stall stall, complete popup for every entry. And then when I would finally get it done (I was working on templates) and chose to preview that would never open at all so I had no idea if what I had entered had worked or not.

I will admit that over all my years of selling on eBay I've never used the listing form much. I've always used one of the third party listing services or Turbo Lister. Even from when I first started selling in 1999 I found eBay's listing system lacking.

Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Aside from the obvious web design issues- the stupid tool does not even work half the time. I revised a listing a couple days ago as a special request for a buyer to not ship for a week. I revise dto 20 day handling time so I would not get bad metrics........... I clicked on it and clicked out of the popup and thought everything was good- now its on my hub in red warning saying the shipping is overdue because the listing still had 1 day handling.   I hate how this improved tool is ruining our ability to service our customers and drive buyer satisfaction. great move ebay

Message 13 of 26
latest reply

I have had similar problems with other metrics and tried to communicate this to ebay with no results.  Ebay thrives on bad metrics, they get to charge more.  right now, the feedback program is not counting feedback and customers have messaged me to say that their feedback is not being accepted.

Message 14 of 26
latest reply

We have never really had an issue with metrics. We are trs with 100% feedback and all metrics are at 100% as well/except a couple local pickups that don't get tracking #s.  The real issue at the moment is how difficult it is to even list on the platform with the new listing tool on a desktop.  Metric don't matter if it takes 5x longer to get an item on the site.  I think there has been enough feedback here in the last week to satisfactorily confirm that ignoring the desktop users when designing this tool will not work for us. We did not get together and decide what to complain about. The feedback is universally united at the tools oversights- popups, extra clicks, no flow, hidden menus,takes longer to list, sub menues, etc..... Basically that's phone app can not work on a desktop. It's common sense

Message 15 of 26
latest reply