cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Beta version for TurboLister?

@mypaymentstest

During a 'Check for program updates' a message about a Beta release was displayed.

Since I have more items in my Turbo that it is designed for, I do not know if this is a real Beta release or if my copy of Turbo is displaying it's displeasure at my abuse of the program.

Is there a Beta release, and is it just a maintenence release, or can you explain what is being upgraded?

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: New Beta version for TurboLister?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dollybeauty,

The BETA 9.925 version includes a fix for the InvalidProductID error for parts and accessories listings, and fixes the problem we were having with products found in the catalog not uploading because of missing listing info that is visibly pre-filled.

Unfortunately, we are now unable to use the catalog search, so the second part of that fix only applies to existing listings and not new, but we are working on a fix for that too.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I had the same message today while doing Data Downloads.

This is very strange, since eBay announced some time ago that they would no longer be supporting Turbo Lister, in favor of the Seller Hub. So, what's the word with this new beta? Does this spell a whole new generation for TL... Version 10?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I doubt that. This is probably just a maintenence update. Thx for the confirmation!

eBay is continually updating this site. Some advice given may have changed. Please reply to this thread, to let us know if this advice works for you. The links on the bottom of any eBay page can help you deal with most eBay issues. Contact eBay Customer Service on Facebook.com/eBay or Twitter.com/AskeBay
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I received the TurboLister beta option after checking for updates today.  Unfortunately the install failed.

It appears ebay is considering reversing course on discontinuing TurboLister. TurboLister is much faster and more efficient than "seller hub". Especially for people with slow or spotty internet connections.

You can download TurboLister beta here

http://pages.ebay.com/turboLister/beta

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Has anyone tried using it yet?  Also, is it having the same problem with downloading pre-filled information?  If not, I may switch over to the beta.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

how can we find out if ebay is bringing back turbolister?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

from Ebay customer service:

Hello,

My name is Daniel with eBay Advanced Apps. I'll be happy to assist you in any way that I can.

Regarding Turbo Lister, for the time being, we will continue to support it. However sometime in the future, we will discontinue support. I'm sorry, but I do not have a date on that time. You will be able to use Turbo Lister as needed for now. When the time comes that we will discontinue Turbo Lister, we will reach out to those using it to let them know.

In summery, we are still currently supporting Turbo Lister. We will discontinue support at some time in the future. We will keep you posted as to when that will be.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

In my email this morning:

[THREAD ID: 1-1UXPW07K]

Enter your question / concern
Subject:
Turbo Lister: Other

Problem description:
Is there a new beta for Turbo Lister? If there is, in fact, a new version in beta, what additional information can you tell me about it?

On 1/30/2018 10:25 AM, customerhelp@ebay.com wrote:
eBay
RE: Turbo Lister SR# 1-145706501646
Thanks for reaching out to us regarding a Beta version for Turbo Lister. I can explain and clear up some if any confusion.

There is an update that requires a complete application install. The great news is that, after looking over the data sent to me through this message, you do have the most recent updated application.

The only critical point now is to run "all" program updates under tools. There have been some big updates to categories and photos that if not updated, listings will fail to upload. When you go into tools to run program updates, please install updates one at a time. This will insure a more smooth updates and reduce the risk of Turbo Lister crashes.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks for being a valued member Edward

Brian

Advanced Apps

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@lazer_flash

Wish I had seen this message before I upgraded! But not a problem.

1) I always backup the last Turbo install file before I upgrade Turbo. This gives me a 'fallback' should extreme issues result from an upgrade. This would not be of any real use to most, but I rename the setupUS.exe file in my download directory to setupUS-20180131.exe

2) Start Turbo, Compact!! (Tools>Compact database), then run any backup procedure you feel you need. Active listings can be restored from eBay, Inventory listings can not. Compact!! following the backup procedure.

3) Start Turbo and click on Tools>Options>Advanced options>Program updates. Click on the Join Beta program button. Agree to the TOS.

4) Click on Tools>Check for program updates. Let it do it's thing. Important note here! The message from Brian above says..."please install updates one at a time", This means to uncheck the Data update, allow the Program update to run, then repeat this step and run the Data update. I did not do this, resulting in a fail on the final Compact!! database below. Restarting Turbo and repeating the Compact!! immediately solved the issue, but I will repeat the data update, just to be sure.

5) Following the Program update, you will see a message that Turbo must restart and a message that Windows needs to be restarted. Turbo ends. If you agree, your system will reboot.

6) Start Turbo. I always Compact!! after an update. If the Compact!! fails, restart Turbo and repeat the Compact!!. I have never seen the Compact!! fail twice.

After the above you will see...

turbobeta.PNG

in the top left hand corner and if you click on Help>About Turbo Lister.. You should see...

turbover.PNG

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

As you consider your new direction, please think about users who have slooow Internet connections. 

Waiting minutes for every exchange in an online version is not appropriate -- have your developers try it with an Internet speed of 990 K Bps.  Then have someone write a report for management. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I am currently using Turbo Lister, but am getting a new computer.  I would like to continue with TurboLister, either the existing version or the new Beta.  Please advise how I can save all my listings currently on my present computer and transfer to the new one.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dollybeauty,

The BETA 9.925 version includes a fix for the InvalidProductID error for parts and accessories listings, and fixes the problem we were having with products found in the catalog not uploading because of missing listing info that is visibly pre-filled.

Unfortunately, we are now unable to use the catalog search, so the second part of that fix only applies to existing listings and not new, but we are working on a fix for that too.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply