cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am very confused why tools listed on eBay that say New or New Other and they are rusted or dirty?

As stated in the subject line, I look at the pictures in many listings that say the tools are new old stock, or new other and even new and the tools show signs of rust, wear, or scuff marks. Now, I am not talking about very minor storage/rub marks and the listing states it is new that is normal. Also, I purchased what was listed as new Snap On wire cutters and when they arrived, and I checked them out I would find the following problems. The cutters would be new, but they were so stiff/binding and not smooth cutting I would have to soak them in Denatured Alcohol for a couple of days and then spray them with WD-40 to free them up. Yes, I know I could give bad feedback or even send back the tool back which is a hassle but we as buyers need to demand better from sellers. Please eBay Management help a brother out or fellow members  provide me some answers. Tim from Texas

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I am very confused why tools listed on eBay that say New or New Other and they are rusted or dirty?

I did not know the following you stated, "The buyer is always equipped with the eBay Money Back Guarantee when items listed as "new" or "new(other)" are actually received as "used." Thanks a million, I will do that in the future for all tools purchased.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@timfromtexas1202 

Some sellers are simply careless -- some are deceptive -- some are clueless.

And some have simply made a mistake when listing.

On several occasions in the past, I have contacted sellers who have listed their obviously used items as "new" or "new (other)," and questioned them about the obvious signs of usage in their photographs. 

Several of the sellers had simply made a mistake in making the listing, and had ultimately changed the condition on the listing.

And other sellers became quite defensive when questioned about the use of the words "new" or "new (other)"  as related to the obvious used condition of the items in their photos -- or they didn't respond at all.

Obviously, I didn't order from either of the latter sellers.

And -- bottom line -- the buyer is always equipped with the eBay Money Back Guarantee when items listed as "new" or "new(other)" are actually received as "used."

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I did not know the following you stated, "The buyer is always equipped with the eBay Money Back Guarantee when items listed as "new" or "new(other)" are actually received as "used." Thanks a million, I will do that in the future for all tools purchased.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply