cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save / download your own images after editing them live in the eBay listings?

I use File Exchange to upload the listings and then revise online to add pictures. eBay has a little photo editor that makes the pictures brighter, plus you can crop more once you see the images live.

How do I save those images?

ebay photo image editor when revising live listings.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

How to save / download your own images after editing them live in the eBay listings?

Another option for saving those photos while you are listing is to click the large image during listing creation to open the "enlargement" overlay. You can then cycle through your photos and drag them back to your desktop. The only problem is that each photo will have the same name, so you'll need to rename each one after you move it to your computer.

Rather than dragging to my desktop, I use this method for capturing the URL so that I can use an eBay hosted image within the description while listing.  When I do so, I need to change the numerical size suffix from 1600 to something that will fit better on the page, like 200.  eBay uses two numbering systems. In one system, the large size is  s-l1600.jpg and in the other system, the large size is  $_57.JPG

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

@huntfor 

eBay doesn't currently have any photo archiving tools, but these might work for you :

• One listing at a time (offers a zip file):

https://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/CaptureThumbsFromListing.htm

• Bulk save photos from some or all active listings:

Use the Fast Scan feature on this tool to extract a list:

https://www.isdntek.com/ebaytools/BulkPhotoScanner.htm

And then use its report option to automatically send that zip list to the photo zip tool.

Be careful cropping. It is possible to crop so much that the image is too small for eBay's 500px size policy, and you won't know while editing because the editor doesn't provide any sizes while cropping.  As long as you start with images in the 1600px range (2MP camera setting or higher), you probably won't have any issues. Typically, small items, like coins and rings, that don't fill the viewfinder, are most susceptible to excessive cropping, as are photos coming from a camera setting that is under 1MP.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Another option for saving those photos while you are listing is to click the large image during listing creation to open the "enlargement" overlay. You can then cycle through your photos and drag them back to your desktop. The only problem is that each photo will have the same name, so you'll need to rename each one after you move it to your computer.

Rather than dragging to my desktop, I use this method for capturing the URL so that I can use an eBay hosted image within the description while listing.  When I do so, I need to change the numerical size suffix from 1600 to something that will fit better on the page, like 200.  eBay uses two numbering systems. In one system, the large size is  s-l1600.jpg and in the other system, the large size is  $_57.JPG

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@shipscript  After reading your solutions I forced myself to use an app on my desktop that will enhance the photos more, but I don't like it much.

I'd like to put an image in my descriptions but I can't seem to extract the image URL.

I went to "revise" an item and clicked on my photo and clicked to enlarge, but I get this URL:

https://bulksell.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SingleList&sellingMode=ReviseItem&lineID=114767951213

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@huntfor 

You'll need to right-click the enlarged image to get its link.

Most right-click menus have an option called "copy image location" or "copy image address". In Edge, it's just "copy", and Internet Explorer has "Properties".

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you! It's "copy image address". My eyes were glazing over from the instructions, but now I see how to do it. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

THIS IS GOLD!!!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply